Chapter 52: When they find out

In the chapel, Carina was with Lia. Lia was lighting a candle when she asked "Where's Maya?" Carina answered "She's getting food in the deli across the street a few blocks from Joe's.... I haven't told her about Andrea's second time in surgery yet...." Lia nodded and said "What happened to him...." Carina said "Sit down Cecilia...." They both sat down and Carina said "After Andrea finished operating on a patient.. We went to the parking and remember Opal?" Lia nodded and said "She's the sex trafficker from last year... Andrew told me about her" Carina nodded and said "Well she was in the hospital and Andrea saw her... He wanted to follow her and I went with him...." Carina took a deep breath and said "We followed her to a train station until in the next stop... I went to find the police and 19, while he followed her. During that time frame he was stabbed by a partner of hers....." Lia gasped and said "Did they catch them?" Carina said "Well, they did catch both of them...." Lia smiled and said "At least all his work didn't go in vain...." Carina nodded and said "He can finally leave the last year behind him... He has his closure...." Lia nodded and said "Let's just hope he makes it out of this alive...." Carina nodded and they waited patiently in the chapel sitting next to each other hoping that their loved one made it out safe and sound from this experience.....

In the OR, Richard and Teddy took Andrew back to the ICU, while Meredith was leaned against the sink. Owen and Cristina entered the scrub room and Cristina said "Meredith are you okay?" Meredith looked at them and said "Cecilia is dating Andrew.... That's why she was crying... that's why she's kept it a secret for so long and that's why Andrew didn't tell us anything about his girlfriend...." Cristina's eyes widen and she said "Oh my god...." She stayed quiet for a moment and said "My little niece is dating DeLuca...." Owen said "It makes so much sense... the dates add up and everything...." Meredith nodded and said "I need to find her and tell her he's okay...." Cristina said "I'll go with you...." Owen nodded and said "I'll go find find Carina to tell her DeLuca's okay..." They all left the scrub room in shocked since they figured out what their little Grey-Shep and close friend were up to. While Meredith and Cristina looked for Lia, they found Derek wandering the halls. Meredith said "Derek come with us...." Derek nodded confused and began walking with them. While walking, Cristina asked "Have you seen Lia?" Derek said "Last time I saw her, Carina took her somewhere...." Cristina laughed and said "That proves it..." Derek was still confused and Meredith said "Derek.... Loverboy is Andrew.... He's dating Lia...." Derek eyes widen as he realize what his wife and her best friend were saying.... Derek didn't know how to process everything and he said "I don't know what to feel right now..." Meredith said "I need an explanation so let's find Lia...." They nodded and went to find Lia. This didn't fit in their brains. They would have never guessed that their little girl would date Andrew. It's just didn't fit in their heads, but they needed to have all the pieces together and only Lia could piece them together right now.

After looking for a while, they went to the chapel where they found Carina and Lia sitting there. When they saw her, Cristina said "I'm going to tell Owen that Carina is here since he was looking for her while you talk to Lia..." They nodded and they went towards Carina and Lia. Lia was looking forward, while Carina looked at Meredith and Derek. Carina gave them a weak smile and touched Lia's shoulder. She looked at Carina first before looking at her parents. Meredith smiled and said "Ceci can we talk to you...." Lia looked at Carina and she said "Go.... I'll still be here...." Lia nodded and followed her parents. When they went outside the chapel, Derek said "Lia why the hell didn't you tell us?!" Lia asked "About what Dad?" Meredith said "About you and Andrew?! Is this why you didn't want to tell us! Because he's our friend?" Lia said "Seriously this is what we're talking about! This is not the time and place. Will talk about my relationship with him later!" She took a deep breath and said with a weak voice "I just need to know if he's okay?" Meredith nodded and said "He's in the ICU..." Lia smiled weakly and nodded saying "Let me tell Carina..." Derek saw Owen and Maya entering the church and said "Owen's going to tell her...." Lia sighed and said "What do you want to know? Please make it quick...." Derek said "Is Andrew DeLuca Loverboy?" Lia nodded and said "Yes Andrew DeLuca is Loverboy, now if you excuse me I'm going to check if he's okay..." Lia went inside the chapel with Derek and Meredith following behind her. They saw as Carina hugged Owen. After they hugged, Owen began walking with Carina and Maya outside the chapel. Before leaving Carina stopped and said "Cecilia come on... we're going to see Andrea...." Lia nodded and left her parents in the chapel. After leaving the chapel, she followed Carina, Maya and Owen to the ICU.