Chapter 24: Safety????

It's is December, the happiest time of the year. A lot has changed in the Grey-Shepherd household. Millie has been living with us for a few weeks now while they find her a family. When Dad, Zozo and Millie went to get her furniture, all the belongings of her parents were gone. There was a note explaining what to do with Millie and they grabbed her stuff and brought it here while they find her a new family. Zola told me she hopped her new family that would live in Seattle because she didn't want Millie to move away. Nevertheless, Millie has adjusted to our family life so has everyone in the family.

I had finished putting on my scrubs and grabbed my bag before heading to their bedrooms to wake them up for school. I went towards Zola'a bedroom and went in and said "Good morning Zozo, time for school....." I heard her groaned and she said ''Im getting up!'' I smiled and left her room to wake up Bailey whom was already awake and dressed since he has just passed me in the hallway. I went to wake up Ellis, but she was already awake putting on her shoes. I said "Good morning Ellie, Dad is making breakfast downstairs" she looked at me and said "Can you tie my shoes? Dad b-bought me the ones with l-laces..." I smiled and nodded and explained to her how to tie her shoelaces while I tied them. After I finished with the other shoe, she thanked me and stood up went downstairs. I lastly went to Millie's room, I looked around and my parents made sure to decorate it to her liking. The room used to be a guest room but my parents painted the walls mint, bought her new clothes, shoes and whatever she needed. Nevertheless, she was adjusting to the changes and has been talking to the hospital therapist. I went towards her said "Mills wake up... your going to be late for class" Millie opened her eyes, stretched and said "Good morning Lia....time for school?" I nodded and said "Yeah it's time for school, get changed and I'll see you downstairs with breakfast..." Millie smiled and I left her room to let her change.

As I walked downstairs, I saw mom prepping the table for breakfast, Zola sitting at her spot on the table, Ellis in her seat drawing as she waited and Bailey played on his Nintendo switch when Ellis mentioned "Daddy Mommy!" Mom looked at Ellis as I sat down and she said "Yes Ellie???" Ellis chewed on her lip and said "When are you and daddy having a real wedding?" Zola tried to hold back her laugh and Mom said "Sweetie you know we got married 13 years ago...." Ellis said "I know.... But no wedding dress" I looked at my mom as her face got weird, because I know my mom isn't the church bride and she said "Ellis how about this.... When it's your fathers and mines next wedding anniversary we will renew our vows with the dress and tux" I looked at my mom like she was insane, but when I looked at the glow in Ellis eyes I saw why mom said it and Ellis said "Really!" My dad set the food on the table and said "Really?" My mom nodded and said "Yes Ellie-Bell...." Millie climbed down the stairs and said "What did I miss Ellie looks like she has a sugar rush..." Ellis screamed "Mommy and Daddy a-are having a W-w-wedding!" Millie had a questioning face as Ellis stood up and went to get her backpack and Millie said "Aren't you two already married?" Mom answered "On a post it and also legally as well.... but Ellis thinks just like Derek's sisters that all weddings should be churchy...." Dad said "My sisters were raised in church...." I said "No kidding.... Nana always made me go" Zola said "Hmm we need to distract mom and dad so they don't have to the churchy thing... Lia go get a boyfriend" I laughed awkwardly and said "No Zozo, you get a boyfriend or should I say girlfriend?" I winked and she got all flustered while Millie and I laughed. Zola said in a annoyed tone "Not that I don't like having Millie here I obviously do, she's one of my best friends I just don't appreciate you two teaming up against me...." Zola stood up from here seat and while taking Bailey's switch she said "Earth to Bailey, we need to get our bags, save the game already...." Bailey said "Hey! Give it back, let me save the game" They both went upstairs and my parents stood up and started cleaning the dishes as Millie and I finished our breakfast. Millie said "Soo.... Lia do you think any attending in the hospital is hot?" I looked at her questioningly and said "Why would you think that.... Most of them are my parents ages or their friends" Millie said "Well the one who brought me here a few weeks back is pretty cute.... Is he single might be a good potential boyfriend for you?" She said this while raising her eyes brows and I was trying so hard to keep my cheeks from blushing and I said "Mills, that's stupid....he's my mom student and also my teacher...." Millie said "From what Zola's told me.... Most attendings have dated interns or residents" I changed the subject and said "Hm they bullied you because you liked girls.... Anyone particular?" As she was about to speak Zola, Bailey and Ellis went downstairs with their bags and I stood up since I had finished my breakfast along with Millie and said "Give me your plate, go get your bag quickly" Millie nodded and gave me her plate and she went upstairs quickly to get her bag as I placed the dishes in the sink. Millie came downstairs moments later with her backpack and I said "Alright everyone ready to go?" Bailey annoyed said "Yes sis, come on I have soccer" I laughed as we all said good bye to my parents and we all went to the car and began the drive to their school.