Chapter 32: A visit from an old friend...

We began working, all celebrations finished and all the Shepherd's were back home. I missed them, but it was nice having the house empty again. Aunt Callie and Arizona had taken a few days off, because they had to handle something personal. My parents thought it was off, but didn't question further. Apparently we were getting a doctor to work in a transfer case with Andrew, Aunt Amelia, Kara and I. We all wondered who this doctor was. We were in the nurses station waiting and Kara said "Imagine if the doctor is your ex again" Aunt Amelia laughed, I rolled my eyes and said "I don't need to see Carter again anytime soon" Aunt Amelia said "I hoping it is not Burke... Cristina said he's terrible" Kara laughed and said "Oh I think that's her now with Dr. Grey" Aunt Amelia laughed as Andrew looked shocked. I looked at his face weirdly and Aunt Amelia said "Well well well... look what the cat dragged in" Kara said "Who is that?" Andrew said "That would be Sam Bello, my ex girlfriend..." My eyes widened as I looked at the woman in the dark blue scrubs walking towards us next to my mother. She was pretty and had a good figure no wonder he liked her. I was in Aunt Amelia's service while Kara would be in Bello's. Mom said "Doctors, For those who don't know her this is Dr. Sam Bello she's the head surgeon of cardio thoracic in this surgery. Sam you'll be working along side Dr. Kara Foster who is an intern here and the other intern is Dr. Cecilia Grey-Shepherd, my daughter" Sam Bello shook Kara's hand and she shook my hand, while saying "It's so nice to finally meet you Cecilia, your mom told me so much about you" I smiled fakely saying "It is so nice to meet you" Aunt Amelia said "Good to see you again" Sam said "Likewise, Andrew it's nice to see you too. Are you still with the girlfriend?" He nodded and said "Yes as a matter Dr. Bello, I know we've had personal difference in the past, but let's put that all aside and focus on the patient, but outside the patient we don't associate. Good day now" Andrew stormed off and Sam said to Aunt Amelia "You don't think he meant that right?" Aunt Amelia said "I don't know his girlfriend, but I know he's head over heels for the woman, you shouldn't try anything or he would seriously hate you more than he does now" Sam nodded and said "Foster let's go see the scans" Kara followed Sam as they left to see the scans.

After they left, I breathed a sigh of relief and said "Thank the Lord she left..." Aunt Amelia said "Are you okay?" I said "Okay? That's least of my worries!" Aunt Amelia grabbed my hand and lead me to her office. When we got there I began rambling "My boyfriends ex girlfriend is here. She openly admitted she wants to get back with him! What could stop him! He gets to be free with her and not be able to hide their relationship and when they get back together, he would move to Switzerland leaving me all alone with my parents!" Aunt Amelia said "Slow down Ceci... He clearly is not interested in her. Don't though his feelings, he clearly likes you a lot" I said "I just...." Aunt Amelia said "He would never hurt you Lia...." I nodded and said "I know, it's just worries me..." Aunt Amelia said "Are you sure, you can work with Sam..." I nodded and said "I can put my feelings of envy aside for the patient" Aunt Amelia said "Let's go debulk a tumor then..." I said "Alright we should meet Andrew, Kara and Dr. Bello in the scan room" She nodded, we left her office and headed to the scan room.

When we walked in there, the room was quiet... Kara looked desperately at us to help her and Aunt Amelia said "Alright the scans." Sam said "Right, here you go Dr. Shepherd" Aunt Amelia and I looked at the scans and I said "Wow it has perfect margins..." Sam said "The easiest tumor to remove is the brain tumor..." I answered "It looks easy but every tumor has it veins that make a ticking bomb respectfully" Sam looked at me and said "Dr. Grey-Shepherd do you have a way to remove this tumor all by yourself successfully" I shook my head and she said "Don't underestimate me then... I know you are probably defending your aunts, but I ain't a bad surgeon myself" I stayed quiet, while they looked at the scans.

After they looked at the scans, Sam said "Alright Foster, let's go meet the patient" Aunt Amelia said "I'll meet you there Bello" Sam nodded and Kara followed Sam out. Andrew looked at me and I said "Aunt Ame-" she interrupted me saying "I'll go outside, but be quick..." I nodded and she went outside. I looked at Andrew and I said "Does it bother you that she's here..." Andrew said "Yes... it does, I don't even know why! I don't like her in a romantic way, but I resent her somehow..." I looked at him confused, but soothed his hand saying "You loved her, as toxic as the relationship was in the past. You still cared about her, I'm guessing your resentment towards her comes from the root that you two had unfinished business...." Andrew shook his head and he said "I don't have any unfinished business romantically with her. I have you, I want you.... All I want is to be able to forgive her for having to leave. It was her fault, but I still blamed her. I want to be able to be in a good place with her and move on from that resentment..." I said "Well you can probably try talking to her instead of being cold and distant..." Andrew nodded saying "I guess..." I kissed his cheek and he said "Let's go we have to present the case and meet the patient" I nodded and we both went outside where Aunt Amelia was waiting and the three of us walked to the patient room.