Chapter 16: On the Fence

Things have been good... its now October 25, 6 days till Halloween. Probably Im gonna end up taking Zola, Bailey and Ellis trick or treating.... I was thinking about this and my parents were next to me. Dad said ''We need to go to the old house to take the kids trick or treating'' I sighed  because I didn't want to go trick or treating.... Zola said ''I want to take Sofia and Millie... and we're big kids we don't need you watching over us'' Dad said "Excuse me your a kid... plus Lia is cool to hang with" Zola said "I know... but Lia probably wants to hang out with her friends" Mom said "There not doing anything..." I rolled my eyes and received a message from Andrew saying "My intern is 5 minutes late? Where are you and we have a case with your dad and Webber hurry!!!" I said "Shit! Dad we need to go we're late." Dad said "Shit!!!" We both we're changed so we grabbed our stuff and ran to the car and drove to the hospital.

My dad and I ran to the hospital, while nurses look at us weirdly and he said "Meet you in the second floor?" I nodded and went to the locker room.... The interns were in there and Nick said  "Lia!! There you are!!! You're officially invited to my Halloween party" he handed me and invitation and Kara said "He practically invited half of the hospital including Loverboy..." Andrea said "Who's Loverboy????" Kara and I said "No one!" Amelia said "Ohhh ohhhh is he hot..." I said "I have to go and Nick I'll think about it" I ran out of the locker room and Andrea followed and said "I'm with Shepherd so I'm with you today..." I said "Spectacular..." the elevator opened and revealed Andrew, Grandpa Richard and my dad, Andrea and I stepped in and she said "Come on Lia... who's Loverboy..." I said "Like Kara and I said earlier no one" Andrea said "Sure... I'll get it out of sooner" Dad said with a tone "Hmmm who's Loverboy" I turned around and gave him and deathstare while Andrew smirked. I was waiting for the doors to open and Andrea said "You better come to Nick's party it's gonna be lit" I said "I'm probably gonna go just need to clear it with Dr. Grey and Dr. Shepherd" she nodded and Grandpa Richard said "Alright Dr. Grey-Shepherd and Dr. Hernandez how's your experience as interns" Andrea said "Our Residency director Koracick well he sucks..." I said "He slept with my Aunt that's enough reason to dislike him and his inappropriate comments" Andrea answered "Agreed... oh wait Dr.Shepherd! So that's why we're not saying about Loverboy" I said "There's no Loverboy it's just Kara and her big mouth" the elevators finally landed which felt like an eternity and we stepped out and Andrea went with my dad, while I went with Grandpa Richard and Andrew.

As we walked to the room to see the scans. Grandpa Richard said "Cecilia it's so good to finally have you on my service... I remember when your mother was on my service... Anyways, I have a good case for you." I said "I'm glad to help you Grandpa Richard with whatever I can"  Grandpa Richard said "DeLuca what you think" Andrew said "I've worked with Dr. Grey-Shepherd and she's efficient, quick witted and she will be an excellent surgeon" I smiled and Grandpa said "She sure is... Derek is taking our patient for a Head CT and will see the scans and meet them in the scan room" We finally got into the scan room where my dad and Andrea were waiting for us.

Dad said "Patient is a 78 year old female, that presented with both abdominal and back pain, after further testing we found an Intramedullary Tumor around her neck and Dr. Webber" Grandpa Richard said "We found a Carcinoid tumor which is stage 1, which will be removing later today" I nodded and I looked at the scans. I passed them to Andrea and then Dad said "Run these to the lab Hernandez please" Andrea grabbed them and nodded and went to take the test to the lab. Grandpa Richard said "Loverboy huh.... is he from the hospital" I said "There's no Loverboy stop asking!" Dad said "Andrew try to persuade her to tell me..." Andrew said "I'm not going to get between this..." Grandpa Richard said "Excellent choice DeLuca" I said "Do you need anything Dr. Webber or Dr. DeLuca" Andrew said "Hmm actually you can help me with something Dr. Grey-Shepherd follow me" He said in a quick tone and started walking and I said "I'll meet you for lunch to discuss something with you and mom!" He said "Okay but we're taking about Loverboy!!!"