Chapter 65: New Years with you

Just like last year, most of the Shepherd sisters went back home with their respective families. It was sad that they had to go home, but it meant that none of my cousins would disturb us. I took in my surroundings, I stared at the ceiling of the trailer and felt the soft blankets around my naked body. I rolled over and met Andrew's warm body. I snuggled myself close to him as I felt his hands wrap around my waist pulling me closer meaning he was awake. I smiled and said "Hello....." Andrew smiled and said "Hey..." He pressed a kiss on my temple and I giggled saying "Do you think we have time for a round?" Andrew said "Depends on who's getting handcuffed....." I smiled and reached to grab one of his hands. I looked at his wrist, which you could see the red marks left by the handcuffs. I planted a small kiss on the mark saying "I shouldn't have placed them so tightly on your wrist...." Andrew laughed and said "I shouldn't have pulled on them, but you made it quite difficult...." I giggled and rolled over to check my phone, while Andrew pressed more kisses to my bare shoulder. I checked my home and my eyes widen. I quickly got out of bed repeating shit. Andrew looked at me confused and I said "Its 2:30 pm!" Andrew's eyes immediately widened and we both got out of bed. We began to hurriedly put our clothes on. After we put on our clothes, we rushed out of the trailer and headed towards the side of the house that lead towards my window. When we had the window that lead to my bedroom in sight, Andrew helped me climbed up while he climbed closed behind me. When I unlocked my window, I went inside to find my parents sitting in the bed. I looked at them and remained frozen in place. After a few seconds, Andrew climbed inside and he looked at both my parents. He smiled awkwardly and my mom said "Oh my god! Andrew what happened to both your wrist!" Andrew eyes widened and he said "I was wearing these vey tight bracelets that almost cut off my blood circulation......." Dad said "Yeah...... Next time don't tighten the handcuffs to hard..... Wait what am I saying no next time....." We both laughed and Mom said "Just get dressed....." They both left the bedroom, leaving Andrew and I alone. I sighed and said "We better change, put on a long sleeve please....." Andrew said "Ashamed of your work........" I rolled my eyes and said "Not ashamed, but those marks should be for my eyes only...." Andrew smiled and pulled me towards him. He wrapped his arms around me as I comfortably let him hold me. After staying in each other's arms, we pulled apart and went to change. After changing, we went downstairs to join the others.

Once downstairs, we were greeted by Nana and Aunt Amelia. Andrew began talking to them, while I looked around. Mom and Aunt Cristina were in the barbecue keeping Dad company while he cooked. However, I smiled when I saw Carina and Maya in the couch talking to Zola and Millie. I smiled at the thought of them being an example for Zola and Millie. I heard the door and immediately went to answer it. When I opened the door, I saw Aunt Bailey and Uncle Ben along with Joey, Kara, Tuck and Pru. I immediately said hi to all of them, but took Pru into my arms. She held a big smile on her face, while Kara said "I forget you're a fan of children...." I laughed and said "She's so cute..." Joey and Tuck went inside to find Andrew, while Aunt Bailey and Uncle Ben went outside with Mom, Dad and Aunt Cristina. Kara and I decided to go outside to the porch to talk. When we sat on the porch, Pru sat next to me in my arms as she got comfortable. She laid her head on lap and extended her legs. Kara smiled and asked "In a future would you have one of those?" I asked "Children?" Kara nodded and I said "I mean yeah... I've always wanted to be a mother...." Kara laughed and said "You know Andrew has great hair" I laughed and said "Im not ready for kids right now....." Kara nodded and said "Yeah I know...." I sighed and said "Its crazy to think that we both started this year with secret relationships....." Kara looked at me and said "I had started dating Joey and you were a few months in already...." I nodded and said "Now both are relationships are out in the open." Kara nodded and said "Hopefully we will end the next one with them." I nodded and said "We will...." We heard the door and saw Mom and Aunt Bailey looking at us. Aunt Bailey took Pru from my lap and Mom said "We're going to watch a movie." Kara and I nodded and we stood up and went inside.

After watching the movie, we prepared the table for dinner. After preparing it, we were all gathered at the table eating. I looked around at everyone enjoying themselves. I looked at the small glass of champagne before standing up and saying "Ive never done this before so bare with me" Everyone laughed before I took a deep breath and began saying "Today a year ago, most of us we here reunited around this dinner table hoping for a prosperous new year. I don't know about you guys but this year has been full of surprises!" I looked at Aunt Bailey before saying "Little Pru has joined this family and we've been able to witness a soft side of Aunt Bailey. However, this family also had to open their arms to their eldest's son's girlfriend..." Kara looked shyly at me before I continued saying "Kara and Joey, you both make an amazing couple and your both amazing friends! Thank you for being there for me." I sighed before saying "Aunt Amelia has found herself a new partner and a new clinical trial alongside my parents!" I looked at Aunt Callie and Aunt Arizona before saying "Millie began the year living here with us and now she has 2 amazing mothers, a sister and an amazing large village." I looked at Nana and said "Nana you have witness how our family keeps extending as the years pass...." I looked at Zola and Sofia saying "Zola and Sofia have achieved getting into the Middle School National Honor Society." Everyone began cheering for their accomplishment, while I smiled and said "Aunt Cristina becoming the Chief of Cardio taking the position from Aunt Maggie and Aunt Teddy, but they don't mind." I looked at Carina and Maya and said "I barely knew you two at the beginning of the year, but now I know you both extremely well thanks to your brother. Not only have you two had to welcome me, but you two got married!" Carina smiled at me before I continued saying "Mom, Dad I'm truly sorry for giving you a heart attack when you found out!" Everyone laughed at that before I continued saying "Thank you for trying to accept my decision of dating Andrew. I know it took a while, but you accepted it because you love me and I couldn't have asked for better parents. Also, Im proud of your findings with the Parkinson's trial." I looked at Andrew before saying "Well at least I don't have to kiss you in the bathroom at midnight" Everyone began dying of laughter at the comment, while Andrew playfully rolled his eyes and I said "All jokes aside, we began the year hiding our relationship from everyone except Kara, Joey and Nick. Now it's the end of the year and you're sitting next to me, while Dad watches you keenly. Im glad to have you with me and I love you very much." Andrew mouthed to me that he loves me too before I continued saying "Everything I just mentioned was the good things that happened. I'm hoping in this new year we all achieved what we aspire to do and that we stick together as a family... To family!" Everyone lifted their glasses or water cups before saying "To family!" We all drank from our glasses and I sat back down. Andrew intertwined our fingers together and we all continued with the conversation.

After dinner, we all went outside and just spent time together. Bailey and Ellis were now outside because the clock was about to strike to midnight. Dad had purchased some fireworks to set off and he was waiting for the 11:59 to strike before lighten them up. I was in Andrew's arms checking the time when it finally turned to 11:59. I looked at him before screaming "Dad! its 11:59!!!" Dad immediately began lighting the fireworks up before he began running towards us in his fancy clothes. He immediately made it safely and we all began counting "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1! Happy New Year!!!!!" The fireworks immediately started going off and Andrew pulled my lips to his. I immediately melted against him and kissed him passionately. I pulled away and looked at him lovingly, which was the same look he returned. I leaned back on his chest and we began watching the fireworks. All of the family looked at the fireworks. We all watched hopeful of the new year and what it would bring. However, I knew that whatever challenges I could face in the year that I had my family with me every step of the way...

A/N: Hey everyone we finally finished the first part of the book! Thank you for reading this part! Don't worry the second part will be posted in the same book, but I'm going to leave a small synopsis of the next part below. Thank you for reading love you guys <33333

Legacies and Scalpels Part 2 synopsis:

— Cecilia Grey Shepherd (now 24 years old) returns from her 5 months away at New York City from her training with Carter Fields. The man asked her to come due to medical reasons. Due to these reasons, he teaches Lia everything he knows in limited time. No one knows about his condition, thus Lia must keep quiet. Her time away from Seattle has place a strain in her relationship with Andrew. After 6 years together, he finds that they're still in the same place they were 6 years ago. Will Lia and Andrew finally take a step forward in their relationship?