𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.

^rip lily

it fits the vibe - right click and put on loop or listen on spotify (you broke my heart again ft. aiko)

Marlene and Lily were sitting across from each other at the Gryffindor table, discussing their apparition tests that they had another preparation session for later that day. So far, there had only been lectures on the principals, cautions, and safties, not actually trying the act physically yet. 

"I mean, what if someone gets splinched?" Lily pondered, spreading creamy, golden butter onto her piece of grainy toast with a golf knife. 

Marlene shrugged and grabbed the toast away from Lily, stealing a bite.

"I mean, Madam Pomfrey can heal anything in a few weeks at the maximum, and how bad can that long in the hospital wing really be?" Marlene pointed out, and Lily nodded, still not fully convinced. "Besides, the worst case of splinching I've ever seen is from my older brother when one of his mates took his test and one of his fingers came off," shrugged Marlene casually.

Lily's light green eyes widened. As a muggleborn, things like this still sent a bit of shock through her, unlike her friends who grew up around magic.

"Merlin, Marls, most people don't consider leaving a thumb behind such a calm matter," Lily told her blonde friend with a small giggle. 

"Oh, there's Hollis!" Marlene said, waving at the Rosier in relief after her silent exit the previous night and awful gut feeling.

Neither of the Gryffindors were expecting for Hollis to walk right past their table without sparing some of her two best friends a second glance. For the first time since her first year, Hollis sat down at the Slytherin table, not for the opening or closing feast. 

Marlene watched with practically circular blue eyes as Hollis went to sit next to Bellatrix and across from Narcissa with a small yet exceedingly arrogant smirk placed on her face.

"Ok, yea, so maybe she's not fine," Lily said with a hurt frown. "Why did she just ignore us like that?"

"Yea, we were just wondering that as well," James declared as he sat down next to Lily with a kiss on her cheek. "We just received similar treatment."

Sirius sat slid into the bench next to Marlene, and Remus and Peter filled in on either side of the mahogany table.

"As in, being treated as if we don't exist," Sirius clarified with furrowed black eyebrows. "Hol didn't even say anything to Remmy."

One of Sirius's coping mechanisms was using an excess of nicknames. 

Lily and Marlene looked to Remus's sad expression in even more shock than they were already in. Blinking several times, Lily shook her head slowly.

"No, I'm sure it was just some sort of mistake," Lily said, trying to convince herself. "Hol must have just not seen you, that isn't like her."

Peter shook his head right back at Lily.

"Yea, well agreeing with Narcissa that only purebloods belong at Hogwarts isn't exactly like her either," Peter sighed, taking a large bite of a syrup-drenched pancake. "But she certainly did that."

Marlene nearly choked on her pumpkin juice at these words.

"What?!" Marlene exclaimed once she had regained her breath. "But Hol's the most-"