𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.

listen to whatever song makes you cry happy tears

The expressions on the faces of the five best friends missing their sixth were very different than they had been a few days ago.

When Hollis's location had been uncertain and all of their efforts focused on either finding her or shutting down rumors that she was dead with verbal and physical violence, they had been too exhausted to do much else besides attending classes and the occasional meal forced upon them by McGonagall.

Now, though, the energy they had been using worrying or searching was being channeled back into keeping themselves more occupied with the things they knew would only promote more hope now that they something firm to grip onto.

The things that annoyed the living shit out of the rest of the student body.

Completely out of breath, Remus nearly skidded past the partly open door of a third year History of Magic class with Binns before catching his balance on the doorway to the both amusement and alarm of the thirteen year olds.

"Is there a possibility that a rather large black dog carrying a book in its mouth just ran by?" 

The bewildered students just stared at the seventh year in front of them for a few seconds before Charlottle, the Hufflepuff Hollis tutored, spoke up with a grin.

"Uhm, yes," she said nervously, and the crowd of girls all around her giggled at the attractive, older boy in the doorway. 

Groaning and rolling his eyes in exasperation, Remus gave a call of thanks as he sprinted away.

On his way, though, he ran directly into Peter, toppling the short blonde boy over on the ground next to him and then tripping over his legs.

The two of them immediately scrambled back up with grins at one another and breathless expressions.

"Did you see where he went?" Peter asked, his chest heaving at keeping up with Remus. "I dunno, cause James took the Map."

A loud shout easily recognizable as James Potter rang down the hallway.

"GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE-"

It was promptly cut off by a loud groan and thud as the two boys, one of them just transforming back into his human form in the empty corridor landed on top of one another, tripping just as Peter and Remus had less than a minute earlier.

Sirius rolled of James with a mischevious grin as he stood up and attempted to brush the wrinkles out of his shirt as he clutched the book full of photos, notes, and more in one hand.

"I swear Potter, somehow you always seem to end up on the bottom, don't you-"

"What-"

"Lily got drunk-"

James's face went pale with mortification. 

Quickly realizing that this conversation was only going to escalate further, Remus cut in physically between the two boys with a grin on his face as well.

"C'mon, let's go get this book to the hospital wing for whenever she wakes up," he said, grabbing the book from Sirius, who threw up his hands in exasperation. "Don't complain, you can't be trusted with any valuable objects."

Sirius opened his mouth to protest this, but then shut it once he realized he couldn't.

They four of them bickered on the way to the infirmary to distract themselves from the possibility that Hollis still might not have woken up even though she had arrived back at Hogwarts three days ago now.