𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦.

James, Remus, Sirius, and Peter had nothing to say because of the overwhelming amount of both confusion and guilt they felt for themselves and second hand for one another.

They had been pressing Hollis about what had happened during the two months she had been missing endlessly, so much so that it had sort of become routine instead of actually wanting to know the answer.

Now that they finally knew what had happened, though, they didn't feel whole with the knowledge as they had been previously expecting to. 

No, instead they just felt empty because they knew they had pressed their best friend until she finally snapped, and that was the exact opposite way they had ever wanted to learn about her past.

Remus especially was furious with himself for going off on a rage that had been building up for so long, knowing that he should have learned to control that impatience by now for the girl that he so deeply loved.

After finishing her story in the most concise way possible, Hollis was staring back at the four boys with tears in her eyes and how much the past few minutes had emotionally stressed all of them.

"I said, are you satisfied now?" she pushed, not taking silence for an answer.

None of the boys wanted to answer out of slight fear, but Remus knew he was the one to start this fight in the first place with a little bit of James's help, which meant he had to finish it as well in the best way possible.

"No," Remus said firmly. "I'm not satisfied not because I didn't get to hear what I wanted to, but because it hurt you to say and I shouldn't have acted like that."

Hollis blinked a few times in surprise, not expecting him to admit he was wrong so quickly.

"And nothing I said was right," he continued, knowing he had to phrase this perfectly if he wanted the Rosier to forgive him. "I was cruel."

Sirius raised an eyebrow, and James had to hold in a yea no shit you were cruel.

"And I'm sorry," he finished, green eyes wide and eyebrows bunched up.

Hollis was thankful he hadn't said I love you, because that was something that would just make her feel guilty when she shouldn't have to. It was also remarkable to her how he had made no excuses, and that honestly just made it even harder to be upset.

The only reasons she would be angry with him was for her own pride and to make him feel bad, but it was clear that both of those things were already confused and skewered into uncertain pieces.

Hollis couldn't stay mad at Remus for long.

And especially not when he was looking at her like that.

Neither of them quite remembered making the decision to move towards one another with a tight embrace, but a few seconds later, Remus's arms were around her waist and they were holding onto one another like they were never going to let go.

Hollis felt a wave of emotions pass through her that would usually be overwhelming, yet it was simple and easy to just let herself cry into Remus's chest when he was there for her. 

The tall boy gently leaned his chin on top of her head, one hand resting on the small of her back while the other was softly gripping the back of her neck. He shut his eyelids slowly, just letting them be together without fighting for a few moments that they both needed.

When he opened his eyes, though, he saw James, Sirius, and Peter looking back at him with narrowed, critical eyes.

James especially held the stare for a few seconds to make sure Remus knew it was no accident before frowning and shaking his head.