𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.

It was getting harder and harder for Evans Rosier to keep Hollis under the Imperius Curse. This difficulty had nothing to do with his morals or a realization that it was a horrible thing to control the mind of anyone, especially his little sister. No, it was because his sibling had much more of a strong mind than he had anticipated. 

Every time Hollis did major something against her true nature, Evans would feel a small push in his thoughts, forcing him to focus his concentration on the spell. And even though it had only been a little over a week since Evans placed his sister under the curse, these disruptions were only increasing.  

In a way, though it only increased his motivation. Hollis was as bitterly insufferable as she could possibly be, and it felt good to make that end. Besides, this whole assignment was just a test run for the Dark Lord until he graduated. It was a way for Evans to prove himself, and he wasn't going to let Hollis being stubborn mess it up.

But it would be much easier if she didn't resist, which is why Evans was making his way to the Restricted Section of the library. If Pince came by while he was looking at a volume on the Unforgivable Curses, he would just obliviate her.

The morals of Evans Rosier were nonexistent. However, there was something standing in the way of this being a perfectly easy assignment.

Those determined Gryffindors who cared an odd amount about his little sister.

Evans could already tell they were working on theories of what had happened to Hollis, anyone could. Ever since Hollis had become a part of the Marauders, Evans had watched Potter, Black, and Pettigrew become the brothers that she had always wanted, but could never have until then. They were irritatingly close, and it annoyed Evans to no end.

But he would rather have them all surround Hollis for the rest of her life than that Lupin boy stay with her.

It was so sheerly embarrassing and disrespectful for a Rosier to date a Gryffindor, let alone a halfblood one as well. The damage Hollis had caused the Rosier reputation didn't just affect her, it extended to Evans as well. And to be quite honest, Evans loathed her for it.

It had been rather satisfying for Evans to see Hollis treat him like the scum he was. In a sadistic, twisted way, he was almost enjoying seeing his little sister be the person she was supposed to be.

Because of Hollis's awful treatment of them, Evans had thought that the Gryffindors would give up after a few days on helping Hollis. He certainly would have if one of his friends turned on him like that. Yet, Evans noticed that even though those six were much more solemn and serious than usual, their willpower to help their friend had not decreased.

That was the frustrating thing about Gryffindors, Evans thought as he stepped into the library. They won't ever accept that they lost.

.。*゚+.*.。   ゚+..。*゚+

Remus, Sirius, and James were still trying to get their heads around what Regulus was trying to tell them about Hollis that morning in the common room. The four boys were sitting around a table near the Restricted Section, it being the most private place they could find.

And going to the Marauder's corner was too painful at the moment.

"Wait, so tell us one more time," James said, holding his hands out on the table. "You asked her..?"

Glaring at the Gryffindor, Regulus was losing his patience. Sensing this, Remus picked up for the Slytherin.

"He just asked her if she was okay," Remus said to James, who nodded. "And then something in her expression changed."