𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.

^ i found this gif and got so excited - it just fits his expression this chapter so perfectly

"I kissed her."

Regulus's head whipped to where Theodore was sitting in the common room as fast as lightning. There was no doubt who Nott was talking about, but that just made Regulus even madder. Grinding the end of his smoldering cigarette into the serpent shaped glass ashtray, Regulus turned his head very slowly towards the sixth year.

"What did you just say?" Regulus asked, hoping that he had heard wrong. 

Theodore narrowed his eyes slightly at the Black boy.

"I said, I kissed her," Theodore repeated, but in a tone that made it sound like Regulus was abnormally slow. "Merlin, are you deaf?"

Across the couch from him, something clicked into place with Evans. Last night, he had received the strongest push of resistance yet from Hollis. That must have been what it was about. And to be quite honest, Evans couldn't care less as long as he continued to prove himself by keeping Hollis under the curse.

Next to him, Regulus was fuming. He knew that Hollis would have gone upstairs much more upset if Theodore had done something worse, but it still felt so, so wrong.

"Well?" Lucius asked with a sick smile as he raised his eyebrow at Theodore and tilted his head slightly to the side. "How was it?"

Regulus felt like he was going to throw up. They were talking about her like an object, like some sort of doll.

Theodore smirked and took a cigarette as well.

"Well, she kissed me back," Theodore said arrogantly. "Off and on actually a bit, like she couldn't quite decide."

Turning his head away in disgust, Regulus couldn't even make eye contact with the sixth year without wanting to punch the shit out of his smug little face. As far as he was concerned, if a girl felt like she couldn't decide, that meant to back off and let her think for a moment about what she really wanted.

"And then?" Roldolphus prompted, absentmindedly tossing a black marble rook chess piece up and down in his hand. 

Leaning back in his seat with a casual, conceited confidence, Theodore shrugged nonchalantly.

"Then we just finished out detention, I suppose," Theodore told the three boys as he blew light grey, silvery smoke from his lips. 

"Well, are you going to ask her out now?" Lucius asked, holding up his hand for Roldolphus to throw him the chess piece. 

Nott just shrugged again with that arrogance that made Regulus's stomach turn.

"I mean, now that she's not always pinning around that Lupin boy," Theodore told them.

Lucius caught the chess piece with one hand swiftly.

"I mean, there seem to be quite a few benefits."

Raising a light brown eyebrow, Theodore smirk yet again, but this time with a very recent memory attached.

"She was pretty good."

Standing up, Regulus had to leave the common room before one of them said a single more foul word about Hollis. Their twisted sort of greed was getting to be too much.

"Something wrong, Black?" Lucius asked, turning around to look at Regulus's retreating back.

Narrowing his eyes slightly, Regulus just stared at Malfoy. He knew exactly what he was doing.

"Just hungry."

.。*゚+.*.。   ゚+..。*゚+

"He kissed me."