𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.

listen to this PLEASE - horns by bryce fox

The snow was finally melting away from the Hogwarts grounds with the new spring sun and gentle showers that promised both new beginnings and many opportunities to slip in the grass and fall flat on your face.

The Marauders chose both options.

"Prongs!" Hollis groaned holding her shin that's burn was still healing as James attempted to roll off her after Sirius had slipped on the moss and caused a catastrophic chain reaction. "My leg!"

"I know, I know, I'm sorry," James grunted, pushing Sirius away from on top of him as Remus quickly pulled up Peter from the damp soil.

"I think you're more graceful as a drunk dog," Hollis grumbled to Sirius, still sitting on the wet grass and extending her leg out in front of her, fingers brushing against the bandage. "And that's saying something."

Remus knelt down on the ground as well next to her leg, not caring the smallest bit that his grey cotton sweatpants were getting soaking at the knees.

"Is your burn alright?" he asked with narrowed green eyes at the bandage revealed once Hollis rolled up her pant leg a bit.

The burn that you still haven't told me the story behind.

"I'm sure, Pomfrey wouldn't have let me out if it wasn't," Hollis replied, fingers deftly undoing the top bandage as she had done so on Remus a thousand times. "It's just-"

The deep scarlet blood on the thick gauze was evidence that the rawness must have reopened at the earlier collision.

"That needs to get checked out," Remus declared, the faltering as he looked down at what she was doing. "It's still-"

Hollis grabbed her wand and muttered something that made all the blood slowly sink back into the cloth, presumably into her flesh once more as well.

"Checked out," she said with a tight smile. "All better."

"Uhm, what did you even do?" Peter asked hesitantly, not knowing if his friend was telling the truth.

Standing up with the pressure subtly more on one leg that only Remus noticed from his experience on the full moon, Hollis brushed her earthy hands against her pants before answering as she walked.

"When James fell with his oddly pointy elbows-"

"You know how sensitive I am about my elbows," James pouted, making them all giggle before Hollis continued to Peter with bright eyes.

"Anyways, when he landed, I believe the bandage was already coming a bit loose from, uhm," she trailed off a bit, making Sirius raise a suggestive eyebrow at both her and Remus in turn.

"Maybe I should have followed you two away from dinner last night to prevent any little Lupins from running around anytime soon," the Black boy spoke in with an audible grin. 

"Please, just let me answer Peter," Hollis complained as Remus only continued to flush further. 

"Yes, please do," Peter piped up, genuinely wanting to know how she knew if she was okay without any more interruptions from the easily distracted friend group. 

"So basically when James fell, he most likely irritated the loose bandage against a particularly unhealed section, but only on the surface," she explained, making broad hand gestures as she talked. "Pomfrey got the deep part of the burn, but the nerves on the top still hurt like a bitch and also bleed the most often."