𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.

love story taylor's version - taylor swift

The last few days of Hogwarts for the Marauders flew past in a blur of studying for the last time in their corner of the library, taking advantage of the good food, and at least a dozen final pranks played to go out with a bang.

There was nothing like they had planned for their graduation, though.

The class of 78's last day at Hogwarts was one with an overcast, silver and light purple sky that swathed over the grounds with a comforting sheen and soft glow from the sun hidden beneath the clouds. As always, the graduation ceremony would be taking place outside near the docks of the Black Lake, and the gentle breeze of the water fluttered up onto the mossy shore.

Hundreds of chairs enchanted to keep their occupants warm in the chilly wind were set up in front of the natural stage that the semi circle of tall trees created at the front of them so that all participants had an equal view of seeing their teenagers graduate.

The students themselves were all a mess of tears at leaving the place so many of them called home, astounded at how quickly these past seven years of their lives had passed. There would be no more professors ready to help at every corner, no more late nights playing cards in the common rooms, no more meals in the Great Hall.

All of them were upset besides the Marauders.

It wasn't that the five wouldn't miss Hogwarts, it was quite the opposite in fact. But the main reason tears would have been running down their faces would be because they were scared to lose their friends, that the end of their time at school would symbolize the end of friendships as it did for many people.

While, in reality, it was quite the opposite.

The Marauders were sticking with one another until they all died at St. Mungo's for playing some absurd prank in their nineties. 

"You know, it's really odd to think about," Hollis said, standing with Lily and the other Marauders. "One day soon we might be fighting a dozen of these people on a battlefield somewhere."

All six of their gazes turned to the Slytherins in a tight clump, knowing that the Rosier was right.

"I know it's odd," Lily replied, fidgeting with her silver ring. "But in a way, it was always bound to happen. All the fights and conflicts that we've had with them have kind of been building up until now. There has to be a final one, and it might be soon."

"The only thing I want is for all of us to see one another again," Remus said softly. "I want to see them at Platform 9 3/4 dropping off kids, I want all of us to make it out of this alive."

A tiny feeling in the back of their minds knew that wasn't going to happen.

But it felt good to hope.

"One thing we can look forward to is that once we're out of Hogwarts, there are no professors stopping us from kicking their asses," Hollis pointed out. "No more school rules, a perk of the real world or whatever, I suppose."

"Yea, but I don't remember that stopping you before this," Sirius teased, then turning around once Seb waved at him. 

Many people in the crowd were very nervous that the Marauders would have one final, enormous prank planned, something that would catastrophically wreck Hogwarts with humour and wit on their way out with a bang.

Little did they know, there was something much larger planned than a few chaotic spells planned for the evening.

"Excuse me," McGonagall said, coughing a bit to announce her presence to the Marauders. "I just wanted to say goodbye to all of you."