𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.

another jkr length one - get ready

The Hogwarts hallways during the transition period were so crowded that Hollis was tempted to let off a series of bangs with her wand to get everyone stuffing it up with muggy breathing to move out of her way, but she didn't want to trigger anything from anyone like she did when she heard a loud noise. Instead, she just resorted to pushing as forcefully as she could without hurting anyone through the crowds, which was rather difficult considering that many of the third years were taller than her.

Hollis hopped up slightly to try and see above the crowd for a Gryffindor who would be nice enough to help her. A lot of them could be gits, and she simply didn't have the patience for that at the moment. 

"Frank!" Hollis called loudly, waving her arm at the boy with dark brown hair making his way with Alice through a group of fifth year Ravenclaws. "Over here."

When it took him a few seconds to see Hollis, Alice laughed slightly and pointed to the Slytherin.

"What's the Gryffindor common room password?" Hollis asked breathlessly. "Please, I need to see Marlene like right now."

Alice, trusting Hollis and knowing that she was a good person deep down even after the ice incident, kindly smiled and told the Rosier.

"I owe you!" Hollis shouted over her shoulder as she sprinted away. 

When she made it to the Fat Lady a couple minutes later, the portrait looked very annoyed.

"You again?" she droned, taking a long sip of her white wine. "I thought that-"

"Caput Draconis," Hollis said hastily, and the Fat Lady rolled her eyes while huffing exaggeratedly and let the door swing open.

Remus, James, Sirius, and Peter all turned their heads towards her with large smiles, but Hollis only gave the green eyed boy and incredibly quick kiss on the cheek and Peter a ruffle in his hair before clambering up the stairs to the girl's dormitories.

Once she reached the balcony looking back down on the common room, Hollis realized she should probably ask them something.

"Is Marls in her room?" Hollis shouted down, her hands gripping the stone ledge while tilting her neck down to look at the boys.

"She went up a while ago," Remus yelled back up. "Why-"

Hollis gave him a theatric thumbs up before finishing ascending the stairs, a physical cut off from his words.

"Okay then."

Reaching the steel handled door, Hollis didn't even knock as she threw it open.

"Marlene, today in Potions I saw Dorcas.." Hollis trailed off in slight shock from the look she had seen Meadowes give her friend when she looked at the bed right in front of her.

Marlene had completely pinned Dorcas against the headboard of the bed, and they were most certainly making up for lost time.

The blonde girl turned towards Hollis with a shocked grin and slightly out of breath face, while Dorcas was very confused as to what was going on.

"Okay, so I guess you go the memo that Dorcas was looking at you during class, Marls," Hollis said with a small smile to the two girls. "I'll just be leaving then."

Right as Hollis opened the door, though, she saw Sirius standing in front of it with a broom in his hands that he must have used to fly up the stairs so they wouldn't collapse on him as they usually did for boys.

He had a incredibly concerned look on his face, and one arm extended with his palm flat against the wall next to the barely cracked open door.

"Hey, is Marlene okay?" he asked quietly, looking at Hollis with nervous eyes. "She's been acting a bit off lately."