𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.

"I promise you can find something more original than that curse," Hollis told her mother breathlessly, wiping away the blood coming from her mouth where her father had struck her with the back of her hand. "It's getting a little old."

The brown eyed girl was leaning against the black painted wall, her back completely curved and eyes shut momentarily to try and get a temporary relief from the pain. When all she could see was the blanks behind her eyelids, the cruel world around her seemed to melt away for only a moment.

Her mother and father were both standing directly in front of her, not wavering in their desire to find information of who she was working with against Voldemort, and who had given her the false mark.

They had used every single method they knew of to get the knowledge out of her from the Cruciatus Curse to a fist, but all to no avail.

Hollis would rather die than betray her friends.

"The curse is getting old, you said?" Mulstone asked, looking down at his daughter without a shred of pity.

"Yea, I suppose being deaf has it's downsides-"

A solid kick directly into her stomach cut Hollis off with a groan of pain that would have hurt any other parent to hear. Even more dark, almost black blood leaked from Hollis's mouth as she coughed, the damage done to her body not just external anymore.

"I will ask you one more time before the curse lasts for five damn hours instead of minutes this time," Mulstone continued, his grip around his wand tightening. "Who gave you the Dark Mark?"

Hollis had been secretly hoping he would ask her a question, no matter what it was.

You see, the moment she had arrived in Rosier Manor, Hollis's wand had been taken from her in knowledge of her seventeenth birthday approaching, and if she had it, her parents knew their daughter could fight back against them in an instant.

The location had been unknown to her until she saw the dark wood poking out from her father's pocket a few minutes ago, where he must have placed it for safekeeping.

Granted, this would have been a good idea seeing that she was almost always on the ground in her torment without being able to move, but he had forgotten to consider one thing.

Hollis was a Slytherin, as resourceful and determined as they came.

After seeing the location, a plan had formulated in her mind to get her wand back the instant Hollis saw it in Mulstone's pocket, one that just had to work.

It had to.

Widening her eyes dramatically at the window behind her, Hollis stared at the glass for a few seconds too long before turning back to her parents.

Just as she had suspected, the previous question was forgotten at this suggestive glance as the two Rosiers whipped their necks around to the empty night to see who was there.

"Who did you see?" Vindia snapped, looking at Hollis sinisterly. "Was it those Gryffindors again?"

Her daughter didn't answer, though, she was too busy seeing how her wand was now almost in reach with her father's turned back. All she needed to do was somehow get him a little closer without turning around, and Hollis would finally get it back.

Then she remembered the trait that McGonagall had told her was passed on by her father.

Hollis had never tried wandless magic, however, with such a precise aim, it was always something she had done in the spur of the moments without really thinking too much about it. There was no doubt that directing it at something so specific was going to be difficult, and that her current state of all times would not be the best to try it out in.