𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.

home - edith whiskers (because this is one of my fave chapters and this song deserves it)

The six friends were very confused as to why they were not sleeping in the comfortable beds of their dormitories. Remus's back felt stiffer than usual as he came to consciousness, and he could feel the way whatever his legs were on had made his black sweatpants damp at the contact points. The back of his head was against a very hard surface nothing like a pillow.

And Hollis had one arm around his torso, her cheek pressed up against his also dark colored sweatshirt.

Letting his heavy eyelids open, Remus was alarmed to see that there was just a suburban road in front of him, and a sturdy, white painted fence behind him.

They had fallen asleep in the muggle neighborhood.

Quickly sitting up all the way from his slumped position, Remus looked up at the sky to try and gauge the time of day they had slept in until after staying awake nearly the whole night. Thankfully, it had just risen, meaning he was rising just as the average Hogwarts student was on a Saturday morning.

"Hollis," he whispered gently, placing a hand softly on her shoulder. "Hollis, wake up."

The small witch shifted her head down to his thigh, curling in tighter to his body against the cold morning air. 

Remus smiled a bit, looking down at the way her lips were only parted barely in sleep and how much she had formed herself into a ball to be closer to him.

Leaning his head further down along the line they had fallen asleep on the fence, Remus saw that James was also in a very similar position with Lily.

What do we do? Remus mouthed, neither one of them wanting to wake up their girlfriends.

I don't know, James replied unhelpfully.

Remus looked back down at Hollis, who had part of his cotton sweatshirt gripped tightly in her hand even while sleeping. He lifted the hand that wasn't wrapped around her back and brushed his fingertips lightly against her cheek to get rid of the bit of dirt there from being outside for so long. 

Hollis stirred a tiny bit at the motion, smiling even in her sleep.

We're in so much trouble, James said, snapping to get Remus's attention. We need to get back as soon as possible.

Just as the Potter was about to gently shake Lily's shoulder, Sirius let out an enormous groan from sleeping in such an uncomfortable position and startled both girls awake.

They had the same startled reaction as their boyfriends did when they first woke up, having to take a few minutes to remember sneaking out of Hogwarts through the Forbidden Forest.

"Morning," Hollis muttered with a tiny yawn, burying her head in Remus's neck. "How'd you sleep?"

The feeling of her cheek and lips against his neck made Remus both want to let her stay there forever and wrap his fingers around her waist and kiss her.

"She asked you a question, mate," James said with a mischevious smile as he noticed the way his friend was subconsciously moving his lips together. "It's too early to get distracted."

Covering Hollis's ears with one hand, making her giggle softly, Remus mouthed You know those socks change every time you say Lily's name, right?

Blinking a few times, not registering what his friend was getting at, James suddenly flushed once he understood.

Just as he was about to reply to Remus's remark, Peter let out an enormous snore that made Lily and Hollis synchronously laugh.