chapter 3

❝she calls her noba❞

"papa, who are we meeting today?", marri asked, dressed in a yellow gown with a sunflower hat as she wore heart-shaped sunglasses meanwhile being carried by megumi.

"there's this new student from the countryside. her name's kugisaki nobara", satoru briefly explained, making marri hum.

"HEY WHAT ABOUT ME?! WHY DON'T YOU ASK ME TO BE A MODEL?!", an orange-haired girl shouted, to which the three males had halted in their steps as marri watched a man scurry away from the girl's wrath.

"huh? are you four...wait...a child?"

kugisaki squinted her eyes as she immediately thought of megumi as an emo boy, with itadori being aloof, and satoru as...well...satoru.

"gojō marri, nice to meet you miss noba!", the child introduced, flashing the girl a big smile as she forgot the majority of kugisaki's name already.

"uhh...kugisaki nobara, pleasure meeting you too", the girl replied, as she awkwardly scratched the back of her head meanwhile everyone else had introduced themselves.

"first things first, we will go on a tour around tokyo!", satoru announced.

itadori and kugisaki's eyes immediately shot wide open, excited as itadori never got the chance to travel around and kugisaki was from the countryside.

"ROPPONGI!!", they cheered, as megumi and marri had shared a look

not to marri's surprise, her dad had taken everyone to an abandoned building, in roppongi.

the two — who shared the same brain cell — looked over at satoru in despair as they were forced to enter the haunted building, where a curse resided that marri didn't particularly care about.

after all, her standards were raised ever since she met sukuna, who was a talking curse.

satoru, marri, and megumi waited outside as they were still able to see through the building walls and make sure that the two were still doing okay.

"papa, are you sure you're the strongest?", marri asked, drawing a family tree of the gojō clan in her sketchbook as there was only her and satoru.

in short, they were basically the entire tree.

"of course, princess! why? who said otherwise? I'll go have a pep talk with them", satoru smiled, making megumi question what was wrong with the man.

"no one said anything...", marri replied.

'well I guess s'kuna counts as no one because he isn't even human', marri told herself.

"but why is our family tree so small?? the zenin and kamo clan have like millions of people", marri pointed out, as she loved learning about the other sorcerers, since satoru always had the tea on them.

"because gojōs are hard to come by", satoru replied, not wanting to answer why he cannot stay committed to a relationship and give birth to another.

plus, he already had marri to take care of, and least to say, she was the best thing that has ever happened to him, despite him not knowing what the fuck's going on half the time.

"so does that mean I'm special?!", marri asked, her eyes sparkling like the ocean when the sun sends its radioactive rays down to earth and manifests a glittering sea.

satoru's bottom lip quivered as he immediately snatched his own daughter and squeezed her tightly.

"of course!! throughout the heavens and earth, you alone am the honored one", satoru grinned, fluffing marri's white — nearly platinum — hair as marri just nodded, not exactly understanding what her father was saying.

"and goomi's the blessed one!", marri cheered, trying not to leave megumi out of her conversation with satoru.

megumi awkwardly scratched the back of his head as he adverted his gaze, to which marri had then spoken up once more.

"so since goomi's the blessed one and I'm the...the umm...honored one, can we go eat sushi today?", marri requested.

"and when have I ever said no to you before?", satoru asked, pinching his cute daughter's cheeks as she slapped her father's hands away.

"that one time I asked you to get me a doggie, but you said that I'm already too much work!", marri huffed, crossing her arms as she scooted towards megumi, showing her bias.

megumi nearly snorted as he anticipated what his sensei was about to say next.

"well if we got a doggie, then I'll have to split my love and attention in half! do you want that?", satoru pouted, to which marri had thought about it for a while.

"yeah", she answered, making satoru gasp.

"because I have goomi and yūji...AND NOBA NOW!", marri cheered.

satoru started sniffling, with his hand on his chest.

"oh, so now you don't need your papa anymore huh? where did my sweet little princess go?! ugh! my heart..."

marri glanced over at megumi, who had nudged the girl for her to go comfort her oh-so-devastated father.

marri then scooted back towards satoru, taking off her shades as she crawled on satoru's lap, leaning against his chest.

"you're still my favorite, papa", marri reassured, trying to wrap her arms around the male as she struggled to connect her hands with all of satoru's width.

"ah! of course I am!!", satoru suddenly cheerfully smiled, picking the girl up as he happily swung his daughter around, making marri giggle.

"CAN WE STILL GET SUSHI THEN?!", marri yelled, as to her, the wind was blaring.

"NOW WHEN HAVE I SAID NO TO MY LITTLE PRINCESS?!"