jujutsu stroll #6

❝she's gojō marri — the ultimate princess❞

"ryō, do you have the food?", megumi asked, to which the man — who was know forty-four along with his brother — had nodded.

"and do you have the drinks, sato?"

"yes, papa~"

megumi smiled as he grabbed a small bag off the table, planning on surprising marri as they headed towards the nearby train station.

as the man awaited for the arrival of their destination, megumi had suddenly received a call, most likely from mahito.

"hello?"

"oi, when are you lot getting here? we've been waiting for twelve minutes", sukuna complained, to which megumi had sighed.

"cut the seventy-eight year old man some slack please", megumi replied.

"seventy-eight?! need I remind you that we're all at least a few hundred years old? I'm literally over a thousand years old!"

"does it seem like my fault that my body's deteriorating? sorry I'm not born a curse", megumi sassily said as he heard a scoff from the other side of the phone.

"whatever, just hurry the fuck up. she's already waiting".

"who was it? mr. mahito?", sato asked.

"guess again".

"it was obviously mr. s'kuna. he says that he doesn't care, but his actions say otherwise", ryō grinned, to which megumi had nodded.

the announcer then proclaimed that they had arrived at the outskirts of tokyo, to which the twins had hauled the basket of food and drinks out the train, meanwhile they assisted their father up the steps.

at the top of the platform they had seen the kyoto and tokyo students — who had long graduated — nanami, the curses, and satoru — who was still alive and healthy at the age of ninety-one.

"finally!! took you guys long enough", sukuna grumpily huffed.

the group traveled towards a massive stone, to which they had all seated beside it, taking out the food and drinks as they took out an extra cup.

"to marri, for bringing us all together", itadori stated, lifting up his cup as everyone followed suit, lifting their cups of sake as they all bumped cups with each other.

indeed, gojō marri had passed away a week after her forty-fifth birthday.

on her mission overseas, she had encountered a special grade curse that had appeared as a pandemic, overtaking all of america.

it was rough fighting the curse considering her limitless technique revolved around the manipulation of the atoms in the air.

hence, she herself wasn't even a hundred percent safe.

though to save the people of that country and to make sure that she was okay, marri stayed an extra month or so, just to make sure that everything was fine before she came back.

however, what she never expected was that she'd get infected herself, causing her health to deteriorate greatly, as she was already starting to age.

sukuna of course took care of the curse after hearing about marri's situation, bringing the woman back, as him and the others gave her a proper burial.

"to marri-chan, for bringing much joy and laughter into our lives", mahito stated.

"to marri, who helped me fit in and adjust when I first came here", yoshino mumbled, biting the inside of his cheeks.

"to marri, who helped me get together with my husband, mecha-mecha", miwa bitterly smiled, letting out a small chuckle.

"to marri, who helped me become the zenin head, even though I'm a woman", maki stated.

"to mama, for bringing us into this beautiful world", the twins said.

"to marri, who brightened up my life...and taught me how to have fun", nanami hummed.

"to marri", sukuna quickly muttered, not wanting to say much, even though he had many feelings to express.

"to my precious daughter...who brought me pain, grief, happiness, love, and everything...", satoru quietly muttered.

"to my lovely wife, for mending my relationship with my father...and for loving me...unconditionally..."

megumi then took out the ring from the bag, the exact ring that he gave to her when marri had turned five.

it was the same promise ring.

"we'll be here for you...I'll be here for you...and that's a promise, gojō marri".