jujutsu stroll #5

❝she's 45❞

❝she's 45❞

"hey mama, sato and I will be home tomorrow okay? we're sorry, but duty calls and there's just this very difficult curse right now", ryō stated.

"yeah yeah, take your time. stay safe and don't be too rash. love you", marri replied.

"we love you too! bye", ryō said as marri hung up the phone, sighing as megumi placed a cup of tea in front of his wife.

"the twins are boggled down by work?"

"yep", the woman shortly replied.

"well we can still celebrate your birthday...just us two", megumi smiled, taking out a wrapped present from his pocket as marri shook her head.

"you never fail to remember to get me a present, huh? no matter how old I get?"

"how old we get", megumi corrected. "and you don't seem like you've aged a bit, for a forty-five year old woman".

"ugh, don't remind me", marri whined, making megumi chuckle as he handed the gift to the woman.

marri ripped apart the wrapping paper as she opened the box, chuckling as she covered her eyes.

"oh my goodness...did you seriously get me a curse hair clip?"

megumi smiled, taking the clip out as he helped clip it into marri's hair.

"I thought you liked curses".

"when I was like four", marri laughed, appreciating the gift nevertheless.

"my wife's never too old to obsess over curses. after all, they have toned down quite a lot after your rise in fame, along with you and sukuna's binding vow", megumi stated, kissing the top of marri's forehead as the white-haired woman sighed.

"yet work never seems to end. I have a mission overseas next week, and god knows I wish to retire already", marri complained.

megumi lifted up his pointer finger, signaling for the woman to wait for him.

marri curiously waited as she watched megumi disappear into their bedroom.

the two had switched to a smaller — one-story house — once their sons had moved out, as they appreciated not having to clean as much and it was quite cozy.

megumi swiftly exited out the room in a black button up and matching pants, smiling as he bowed before marri, extending his hand out for her to take.