chapter 37

❝she knows all the tea❞

"papa, I got you this new outfit. what do you think?", marri asked, shoving the pile of clothes into satoru's arm as he examined it.

"my little princess is such a fashion icon! would you like me to wear it out today? I might attract even more attention than usual", satoru teased, to which marri had huffed.

"don't flatter yourself, papa. I assure you, the attention will be all on me", marri grinned, to which she had left satoru to change as she headed downstairs, where inu and choso were.

"good morning guys! papa and I will be back soon, so please look over the house", the little girl smiled as she glanced over at choso, who's hair was down and a mess.

"and I'll brush your hair for you once I get back", marri commented as she quickly gave inu and choso a hug, rushing off as satoru had trampled down the stairs.

"ready princess?"

"the question is, are you ready, papa?"

"of course—"

̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊

"—I'm not! what the hell, marri?!", satoru harshly whispered, to which the girl had nudged at her father, meanwhile getō was sitting in front of the two.

if there was one word to describe this situation, it'd be awkward.

but what kind of awkwardness hasn't marri been through? worst case scenario, she'll just pull a stunt like she did with the fushiguros.

"so, sugu, how're you doing?", marri asked with a bright smile, meanwhile the waitress had nervously placed down two cups of dark coffee and a glass of orange juice.

"well...I could be better. this was a...turn of events", the man honestly answered, to which satoru had snorted.

"okay well I'm just going to be honest here...I just want to know the tea. like I thought you two were best friends? what happened? was it because of a mis...misunder...ugh!"

"misunderstanding", satoru helped, though he kept on his stern face when looking at getō.

"yeah exactly! like what happened?", marri asked.

"you don't need to—"

"we fought over a girl. that's basically it", getō interrupted, to which satoru was now glaring at his ex-best friend.