chapter 6

❝she almost got ijichi killed❞

"bye papa!! stay safe", marri waved as she blew kisses at satoru, who had made sure to catch all of them as he leisurely sprinted off.

the girl was then left in the presence of ichiji kiyotaka, a professional and proper sorcerer who's the assistant director at jujutsu high.

"taka-san, can we go somewhere today?", marri asked, to which ijichi was still processing how that made this.

satoru was sometimes — all the time — a pain in the ass and marri gave off a sweet vibe.

"of course! did you have a place in mind?"

"mm...I want to watch horses race", marri hummed.

"really? you don't want to go to the carnival or something?"

"yeah, I wanna watch horses race. papa bought me a racing horse and I want to see how he's been doing. I named him toru, short for papa's name", marri explained.

ijichi paused.

'he bought a racing horse for his daughter? what in the worl—'

"so can we go please?", marri asked, to which ijichi had to figure out which racecourse the girl was talking about.

"sure sure! just make sure you don't run off or anything", ijichi said, to which marri had nodded.

"okay!!"

̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊

gojōs should never be trusted.

ever.

marri was out and about, running through the crowd as she had made her way to the emptier part of the stadium, holding a ticket that showcased the horse that she had bet on — which was toru of course.

spotting many vacant chairs available, marri decided to take a seat beside a tall muscular man with mid-length straight black hair.

"there's a thousand seats at this stadium and you choose to sit next to me?", the male spoke up, glancing sideways at the little girl who had no sense of danger.

well, it was more like she felt no danger.

"I lost my guardian", marri simply stated. "if I were to sit alone, someone would be more likely to kidnap me".