chapter 12

❝she's a splendid actor❞

megumi should've known something was up when marri had asked him to dress up and buy flowers.

"it's a date!", she said, wearing a beautiful sundress as she wore a matching yellow headband.

"so can you please explain why we're here with a third person?", megumi stoically asked, sitting beside the little girl in a café with his father right in front of him.

the two fushiguros had an unamused expression.

"these flowers are for you by the way", marri smiled, pushing the bouquet of roses that she had picked out over to tōji.

the man simply pushed them off the table, not breaking eye contact with megumi, who just stared straight back with the same intensity.

"okay!! well how are we feeling today?", marri asked.

"terrible", the two fushiguros answered in sync.

"wow! what great father and son bonding!! you know, my papa and I never talk at the same time, but it's not about us because today it's about you two", marri said.

"here's your black coffee, your water with little ice, and your strawberry smoothie", the waitress smiled as she hurriedly went back to serving the others, as the tension was radiating off the two fushiguros.

"thank you! goomi, do you want some?", marri offered, sliding her drink over at megumi, who had politely declined.

"I'm good. thank you very much".

"how about you, mister tōji? that coffee seems very bitter", marri commented.

"unfortunately, I have no taste for a child's drink", tōji uttered, sipping his coffee.

"let her enjoy her childhood. that's the least you could do".

"did you physically hear me tell her not to enjoy her childhood? or is this just you projecting?", tōji mocked.