chapter 9

❝she cried because of sukuna❞

"MARRI, LOOK WHO'S HERE!!", satoru shouted, to which soft pitter-patterings could be heard, as a small child popped out from her room, tumbling down the stairs.

"IS IT S'KUNA?! DID HE COME TO SEE ME?!", marri excitedly asked, still in her sukuna pajamas as it was morning.

"well...close!!", satoru smiled, making jazz hands as itadori was sitting at their couch.

"YŪJI!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE SO EARLY?!", marri laughed, running over to the boy as she quickly crawled onto the boy's lap.

"I'm your caretaker for the day! well...I'm practicing concealing my cursed energy with the movies that sensei bought me", itadori awkwardly chuckled, scratching the back of his head as he also had a brown stuffed bear.

"yep! and I'll be back before dinner, so see you guys later!!", satoru waved as he blew a kiss to marri, who had returned one.

"do you want a drink or anything? we have milk and apple juice", marri said, slightly frowning as she wasn't able to reach the fridge.

"mm...I'll have apple juice then", itadori said as he helped pour some out for marri in a sippy cup.

"thank you! do you want some pancakes too? papa made some before he left".

"sure!!", itadori smiled as he poured a copious amount of syrup on his plate, making sure that he didn't give marri too much sugar.

"psst!! s'kuna!! do you want to try some?", marri asked, tapping itadori's hand as an eye and mouth suddenly appeared, to which the girl had accidentally poked the curse's eye.

"SHIT! WHAT THE FUCK?!"

itadori snorted as marri hastily shoved a piece of pancake in sukuna's mouth, as the curse's eye had became watery.

the girl then gently blew on sukuna's eye, fanning it with her hand as she watched the curse's eye squint in vexation.

"better?"

"jesus fucking christ. you're the most annoying twerp I've ever met and I've lived a long fucking time!", sukuna spat, to which marri had suddenly stopped as her eyes were not watery.

her bottom lip stuck out as she looked up at itadori, who flinched as the little girl seemed on the verge of breaking down.

"o-oi sukuna!! you can't just say that to her! apologize!!"

"hmph! I could give less of a shit!"