chapter 35

❝she's a great hostess❞

"happy birthday marri. do you have a specific birthday wish?"

"mm...how about you teach me how to control curses?", marri grinned, hiding under the blanket as she talked quietly to getō.

the man chuckled.

"I don't think that's how techniques work. and plus, don't you already have the six eyes and limitless?"

marri huffed.

"I mean...yes, but I wanna learn!! I promise that I'm a quirk learner", marri smiled.

getō sighed.

"how would I even teach you without exposing mysel—"

"now that's for me to know and you to find out", marri smiled, to which getō had only chuckled as he shook his head.

"I suppose, and did you still want to meet tomorrow?"

"mhm! did you get the outfit that I bought you? I kind of guessed your size since you're as tall as papa and so I hope it fits. what do you think of my style? good, right?"

getō sighed at the cocky girl, who resembled her father to no ends.

"yes, marri. I love it", the man smiled, to which marri had nodded as she then gasped, quickly muttering a "sorry!" and shutting off her phone as she placed it on her nightstand, pretending to be asleep.

satoru quietly cracked open the door as he slipped into the little girl's room, gently shaking the girl as marri fake yawned, rubbing her eyes too.

"good morning princess, and happy fifth birthday", satoru cooed, smothering marri in kisses as the girl only laughed, embracing it as she loved satoru's kisses.

"I'M FIVE! I'M FIVE! I'M FIVE!! today I'm a real princess", marri smiled as she quickly hopped out of bed, running towards the restroom as satoru had brought out the girl's special birthday dress.

"PAPA, CAN YOU DO MY HAIR PLEASE? I WANT THE ONE WHERE YOU BUNDLE IT UP AND—actually...should I do curls instead? papa, what do you think?"

"mm...how about curls? it keeps you looking young and I'm not ready for you to grow up yet", satoru whined, combing through the girl's white hair as marri snorted.

"but I'm bound to grow up one day", she stated.

"yeah, and then you'll leave me for some stupid boy and—oh my goodness! you best not date a non-sorcerer or a curse, marri. I swear to god, I will not approve of my little princess dating some lowlife", satoru whined, squeezing marri as the little girl nearly choked.