chapter 36

❝she gets the best presents❞

apparently dancing wasn't so easy when your partner was like three times taller than you.

"I give up", marri huffed, sitting beside itadori as she was offered a fruit tart.

"thanks", the girl dejectedly murmured as itadori nodded.

"honestly, why don't you use your technique? you can manipulate atoms like your dad or something right?", itadori asked, munching on some caramelized popcorn.

marri perked up.

"you're a genius yūji!! but I'll do that later, because it's time for presents", marri smiled, to which the little girl had her own throne at the very front of the room, with presents piled up to her armrests.

everyone gathered around, meanwhile a camera was set up in the middle of the room to remember marri's reactions to these presents.

"presenting to your highness...a mini car for you to drive around your house, or neighborhood I guess", mahito smiled, making jazz hands as marri smiled back.

"THANK YOU HITO!! I'll have you know, I'm a pretty good driver when playing mario kart, so I'm sure this'll be just as easy", marri grinned.

hanami then presented the girl with a single sunflower that bloomed like the brightening smile shown by the child herself.

the second-years all chipped in to get marri this wonderful outfit, which just so happened to look exactly like sukuna's white kimono and blue scarf.

"WE CAN MATCH NOW, S'KUNA!!"

the curse scoffed meanwhile he had momentarily switched with itadori, as he showcased an entire shelf of nail polish.

"is this you telling me that we should paint each other's nails more often?", marri asked, wriggling her brows as sukuna was so repulsed that he immediately switched back.

nanami then gifted marri more books and a handmade bookmark, as to him, knowledge was the best present one could receive.

"this is from him, but he's too shy to give it to you himself", megumi mumbled, taking out a switchblade as tōji just shrugged.

"cursed energy's overrated", the male stated, making marri giggle.

"thank you, mr. tōji!!", the girl chirped as she kissed the back of tōji's hand, since she couldn't reach his forehead or anything.