Chapter 57

Violet's POV

At 7 am, my alarm blared throughout the room and I was feeling like a sick animal that needed some sort of special care but I groggily got out of my bed, feeling highly nauseous due to the jet lag. What would Reed be doing now? Oh crap, then all the memories of last night hit me like an explosive bomb, me and him were almost about to kiss. "Ah fuck." I again sat down on my bed and grabbed my head, but we didn't, that's what matters, right? I opened my suitcase to take out my outfit which was a long brown coat, black turtleneck, skinny pant and Doc Martens, considering how cold it had been and the crazy me decided to step out on the balcony at night, if I hadn't then "this" would have never happened. I quickly took a shower and changed into my clothes, unceremoniously wearing my clothes in a rush and drying my hair. I stepped out on the balcony where I could see the courtyard below me where some people were having their breakfast while some were just talking. Why was it so cheerful at 7:30 am?
After a quick touch of makeup, I walked towards the elevator, grabbing my crossbody bag. On my way, I saw Reed being escorted towards the same elevator as me, and damn he looked fine. It was wrong for me to think this way, he was wearing a dark coloured polo shirt, white pants and black loafers. He hung his coat with a finger and his black curly hair were styled perfectly. He passed me and he didn't even notice, what a rude human being! He acted like I didn't even exist; which hurt me because he acted like I meant the world to him. I pressed the elevator button before him and looked the other way, I pretended to ignore him as well. He noticed me standing next to him and from the corner of my eye, I saw him smirk. "Gentlemen, I can take over from here." The guards nodded and left, but he didn't say anything yet.
We both entered the elevator at the same time and it was so awkward, I was in such a close proximity with Reed, I looked the other way, he laughed deep throatily, "So you want to play this game?" My heartbeat accelerated at the speed of a race car, "Let's see how long you'll last." I was quiet for some time before he brought his face close to me, "Reed I'm uncomfortable." He lowered it to my neck, "You smell nice." I freaking spoke, the elevator door opened and he got out and winked at me, I was red like a tomato.
Haley was waiting for me in the lobby, "Madam breakfast has been served." I smiled, "Sure let's go, I am already starving." We walked to the VIP side of the courtyard where all the elites were having their food but how I wished that I would be with the normal people, "Can we not go and sit there?" Haley replied, "Ma'am your parents have called saying that you should be with the elite class so it helps your business, otherwise I would have never stopped you." I played along then, there was a table set where people from our office were sitting, and I joined them. There was a hearty bread loaf and omelet on my plate with some fruits which I could devour any day. "Madam, we soon have to leave for shopping as the gala is tonight." I gulped, "Tonight?" She nodded, "Yes, it's a preliminary to the business convention, it's for people to socialize and get to know each other." I drank my water, "Sure, I'd love to go out." We had a lighthearted conversation and soon everybody started on about hot businessmen, and that was my cue to get up and see the view around me as I could not tolerate the things around me, "Excuse me, I need to get some fresh air, it's a little suffocating here." Haley replied, "Sure ma'am, do you want me to accompany you?" I remarked, "No you guys sit here and have fun, I'll be back in a minute." Their conversation went on even after I was gone so I decided to go on the other side of the lawn, where there a few trees and a clearing to other side where a lake was flowing peacefully. This hotel felt like heaven, and luckily there was no one here to disturb me. 

I sat on top of a rock, overlooking the lake and took a deep breath, there was a whole new sensation in my chest, a tingly feeling of fresh oxygen. Mixed with the smell of wet mud and grass, my nostrils were filled with the most intoxicating scent. I was alone for quite some time before I heard footsteps behind me, I decided to ignore it as it would probably be some other visitors. "Nice view you've found here." I turned my head back to see Reed, inclining against a tree, looking at me. "Yeah..." I chose not to answer him, ignoring his presence even though it was really hard to do so. "Come on Violet, I know you want to talk to me." Again, silence. I couldn't possibly control my heart which was beating mad fast now, his footsteps approached closer to me, "It's not that hard to reply you know." 

I chose to ignore him, I felt him really close to me now, "Two can play at that game Violet," he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, careful not to overstep his boundaries. "You know, it's going to be the second year of marriage today, 15th August, and I want to make this special." It completely slipped my mind, we hadn't celebrated the last anniversary so it slipped my mind, "Come meet me on the hotel balcony tonight, only if you want to." Again, no reply. "I know you want to Violet, let's end this on a good note." Finally I spoke, "Why should I trust you?" Reed smirked, "I don't know, you tell me," he whispered again. "I have no valid reason to trust you." 

"Listen to your heart Violet, deep inside, you know that you want to, look me in the eyes and tell me you don't." He was right, a part of me was devious and wanted to see what he had planned, he placed a finger beneath my chin, "Tell me, what does your heart want?" I stuttered, "I-" He tilted his head to the side, and looked deep in my eyes, "I really w-" He stopped as we both heard footsteps behind us, "Miss Violet?" Reed was annoyed, "Your assistants really know how to spoil the mood." He grabbed my arm and pushed me behind a tree, motioning me to keep quiet. "Guess she's not here, let's go look somewhere else." I tried to free myself, "Violet, tell me what you want?" I confidently spoke, "I already told you what I wanted on the phone that day, I don't want to repeat myself." Reed chuckled, "Oh really? I believe you but don't you think that we hardly got to know each other?" I rolled my eyes, "There's nothing left to know." 

"Are you really going to let a single misunderstanding ruin everything?" I gulped, "I don't know Reed, I really don't know." He spoke in my ear, "Then give me a chance to make you know." With that, he winked at me and walked away. Holy shit, what was that? Do I want to go?