Chapter 3

Violet's POV
I sat in my parents' conference room, my feet tapping against the floor impatiently. "When will they arrive?" I asked, starting to get restless. "They are on their way sweetie, we'll be beside you all this time." I smiled wearily at my Mother who held my hand in hers, I was always the outspoken and talented one but when it came to such matters, I was lost for words or feelings. "Sir, the Wilsons are here, should I send them in?" I took a sharp breath. "Send them in now." My gaze was on the floor, fucking on the brink of insanity. I noticed two men and a woman enter the room, the man had attractive features and could be in his mid fifties or sixties while the woman had a friendly aura around her, she could easily classify as a model for Chanel or Christian Dior. Then I noticed him, my husband to be, attractive was an understatement, he looked nothing short of a Tom Ford or Abercrombie and Fitch model. He had blue eyes and a lean figure, that was not super muscular but he was good-looking. "Mr. Wilson, this is my daughter, Violet." I stood up and tried hard to form a smile, "So nice to meet you Mr. Wilson and of course you too Mrs. Wilson." They both looked super impressed, "Why the feeling is mutual, should we address you as Dr. Violet or just Violet?" Mrs. Wilson inquired. I chuckled, "Violet's fine, please have a seat."
"Why the wait Mr. Carlot, lets get to business and write down some terms and conditions that both the children will have to agree with at both costs!" Reed rolled his eyes, wow, too much for a businessman. "So Violet, tell me about your educational background?" Well, here we go, "So I am a radiologist at the NYU hospital, I am also a MD, American Diplomat for Medicine and I did my MBBS from Harvard Med School, I also have a MBA degree from NYU as well as Wharton Business School." They both looked super impressed, like they wanted to get me married to their son now. "Should I also the same about your son?" They both looked at Reed, "I own Wilson Industries, I have a business management degree from Stanford and a MBA degree from Wharton." Seems plausible. "Lets get to the contract details, has your daughter been in a relationship before or would like to be in one during the course of this marriage, because Reed would like to continue his relationship with his girlfriend Melanie?"
"No Mr. Wilson, I have not been in a relationship before and would not like to be in one in the future either!" My parents looked proud. "Alright then, as per your demands, you want a separate room, continuation of job and no physical intimacy which is perfect from our side, any other thing?" Those were the only things that I needed. "It is only a pretend marriage Violet, you need not worry, you can have your own personal space," Reed's mother smiled. I was grateful. "So do you take Reed Wilson to be your husband for 4 years?" I looked at my parents who smiled nervously at me, "I... do!" Then my parents looked at Reed, "Reed, do you take Violet to be your wife for the length of the contract?" I was dreading the answer, "Yes, I do." My life went downhill from those words. "You must adhere to the contract, violations on either side will result in consequences for both parties," Dad reiterated. We both nodded. My parents had a ring in their hand and so did Reed's parents. "You don't have to do this Violet, we both can get out of this, you with the person you love and me with Melanie." I agreed him with for once, I agreed with whatever he had to say. "I can't refuse what my parents say, you can be with Melanie, have a kid with her but I won't take back my promise." He gritted his teeth. "You're smart Violet, think again!" I heaved a sigh, "Too little, too late." I could see anger flash in his eyes.

Reed's POV
Thanks to my parents, I was dragged in this mess, why would this intelligent girl agree to this bullshit, she definitely was not a gold-digger but the contract was temporary and only for public display. I took her hand which was smooth, Melanie had sharp and long nails while she was prim and proper but it was the inside that mattered. I slid the diamond ring onto her finger and I noticed how beautiful it looked. Her hands were trembling which showed how inexperienced she was in the relationship department. She did the same for me and lo and behold, this charade of a marriage was official. "You're in for a ride Violet, don't think there will be room for you in my heart during this marriage." She laughed, "I don't expect there to be, I want you to be happy with Melanie, and I won't take that right away Reed, never." I was in utter disbelief.