Chapter 9

Violet's POV

The plane had landed in Venice and it was the place to be, "Wow, if only my life was as pretty as this." Me and Sarah drove away to the hotel where we had to get ready whereas Mom and Dad were in their cars. "Don't worry Violet, this too shall pass," Sarah helped me ease the pain while nothing did in actuality. The car ride was silent and there was nothing I wanted to talk about, the only thing I wanted was just freedom. We lodged inside the hotel and there was a huge suite, filled with people, from famous makeup artists to hair-dressers which had more equipment than doctors. The room seemed aristocratic and there were golden vibes in it. "Please sit down signora, you are so beautiful, you'll make a beautiful bride!" Wow, so much for money. "Grazie." I went into the bathroom and changed into a shirt and jeans, covering myself with a soft satin bathrobe. I sat down in the chair, as per my request, they did minimal makeup that looked super elegant. They added intricate details and light fake freckles. The hairdressers were multi-tasking as they tied my hair in an effortlessly beautiful bun that had a few flicks coming out; I never imagined that I'd be this beguiling on a fake wedding day. My breaking point arrived when they set out an array of Harry Winston jewelry in front of me. "Scegli l'amore," an elderly woman spoke in a polite voice. Honestly, these lavishes did not appeal to me, but there was this diamond necklace that was all-diamonds and it caught my eye. "Prendero quello," I pointed out that necklace. The cold necklace felt so foreign on my neck, and finally time came to wear my dress. I went into the spacious bathroom and wore the dress, and holy shit! I looked drop dead gorgeous, my bangs covered my forehead perfectly and everything just fell into place. I swear I could cry, was it pain or was I pretending to be happy for a moment. I walked outside and everyone gasped in happiness. Praise be to Givenchy. "Sembri affascinante." They made me wear the diamond studs and finally the necklace which they were trying on at first. Coincidentally, Mom walked into the room who was on the verge of breaking down. "Love, you look exquisite, I am so proud of you!" We both hugged lightly. Then I wore my Alexander McQueen heels which were a gift to me from my Aunt. There were girls holding my trail from behind as I walked down the lobby, people stared at me in awe, appearances were deceiving. "Congratulations for your wedding dear!" an elderly woman remarked. Sarah also came down after getting ready, she too looked stunning. "You look exquisite Violet, just look at you!" I grinned, "You look absolutely breath-taking Sarah!"

Reed's POV

I sprayed some cologne on me after wearing my black tuxedo, I wonder why everything felt so wrong, it felt as if I was cheating on Melanie, everything felt like a sin. Finally, after much hesitation, I wore my Rolex watch. "Son, you look so handsome!" Mom exclaimed. "I'll never forgive you both, for destroying me and Melanie, as well as that poor Violet's life!" They both frowned, "We only did this to improve your reputation as a playboy!" I gritted my teeth, "You knew I was  going to propose to Melanie that day!" Father had red written over his face, "That girl is in you for money, sooner or later you'll know!" I knew he was lying but I let it slide. I finally came down the hotel and sat in my black Lamborghini, my driver drove off to the beach, where the wedding was taking place. My parents were in their cars and trailed behind us. My thoughts kept going back to Melanie, how hurt she must be, she worshiped me, loved me and treated my like a crown in her collection. Violet-was apparently different, she was caring and compassionate. She didn't deserve me, and I her. But fate was definitely not in our favor. 

Violet's POV

"Lets go Violet, they are waiting." The beach-side chapel was in my view, why was everything perfect when all this wedding was a show, a pretense, a contract. I hugged Mother one last time as she walked inside where everyone was seated. The bells were ringing in my ears and my hands felt cold. "I'm sorry for all this Violet," Dad whispered. "It's okay Dad, as long as the marriage meets its requirements, I'll be with you in 4 years, back to where everything was." Who knows, maybe we got an early divorce which I hoped for. I laced my arm with Father's as we climbed the steps, the paparazzi surrounded the area but the guards kept them at bay. My trail was being carried by some girls who themselves were immaculately dressed. Now, the seating area was in sight; each step led me to my doom. I took deep breaths as we approached the entrance, a melodious song started to play signifying the so-called bride had arrived. Everyone was looking at me, I formed a smile. Then I noticed him, the devil himself, Reed Wilson in all his glory. He was intently looking at me, which was not helping the situation at all. I mean Melanie was a model but I was a simple doctor, he couldn't possibly find me pretty! I was almost halfway in the church, now I could see that he was really looking at me. I had now reached the altar, my dad let go of my arm and then surprisingly, Reed gave me his hand, which I was unwilling to take but I lightly put it on his hand and I could feel that there was safe distance between us touching.