Chapter 8

Violet's POV

The wedding bells rang in my ears as I was only a few hours away from getting married, being thrown away in a whirlpool. My bags lay on the floor as we prepared to fly to Venice, Italy. My attendants were all around me, nervousness got the best of me. I took a week off from work to pretend I was on my "honeymoon period" even though we were going to be in New York at the apartment he had bought. We both had separate rooms and would be coming home late. I heaved a sigh that was quite laborious. "Sweetie, we're leaving in an hour, the private jet is ready." I smiled, leaning against a pillar. I grabbed my memories box that had all my pictures in it as well as all the things that made me happy. I had invited my friend Sarah along with me who would be my maid of honor, I had bought a Chloe dress for her, that was Sarah's dream dress. She called me and since I had to pick up her myself, I decided to be a little early today. I sat in my Audi and drove away to her house, I texted her during the journey. "Hey Violet, girl, congrats!" I smiled, only if she knew, only if everybody knew that it was all going to be a demise. "So tell me all about your husband?" Only if she knew, he wasn't my husband, his heart beat for someone else. "Reed Wilson," I murmured. She gasped, almost in shock, "THE REED WILSON IS YOUR HUSBAND! Violet, you know he's like the most eligible bachelor of the 21st century, every girl wants him." Every girl but me. "Sarah, it's an arranged marriage, it's a contract deal." She was shocked, almost apologetic, "I'm sorry-I didn't know..." I sheepishly smiled, "It's okay, it's only for 4 years and I gave away my option to be in a relationship, you know, I don't have time for these atrocities." She nodded like she knew every inch of me, "Forget about this, you'll be surprised when you see the dress I got you, we have our own hairdressers and make-up artists waiting for us in Italy." She squealed, "You're everything a best friend could ask for her." At least, there was some positivism in my day today. I wore my outfit for the day which was a trench coat and just a casual dress shirt. I looked at my room one last time, till we meet again. We boarded the plane, I sat down with Sarah as Mom and Dad went in their separate cabins. "Lets try to relax you, so tell me something about Reed, does he know you haven't had your first kiss yet!?" I hushed her, "Relax Sarah, he told me it would just be a kiss on the cheek." She sighed in sarcasm, "Well, where's the fun in that!" I chuckled, "You and your physical intimacy talk!" The plane took off and we both went into our cabins. I lay on the bed and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I drifted off to dreamland. 

My limbs were locked in their place, as I saw Reed hand me a child, "Here's Melanie's baby, you have to take care of it, leave your job!" I screamed and yelled but there was no one to listen to me, my blood froze in my veins, Reed's body slowly became cadaverous as the child in my arms turned to ash. I bawled but darkness consumed me, a new vision started. Reed was sensuously kissing Melanie, they both were enjoying the moment, my eyes locked with his and they turned red. He came running towards me...

I woke up, panting and struggling for oxygen. Mum and Dad walked in, they both panicked and held me in their arms. "Mom, I'm scared, I don't want to do this, please let me go!" I yelled but they did nothing as if hugging me would cure everything. I slowly melted away in their cooing, when I woke up, I was again alone in my room. The flight attendant told me that we were going to land in a few minutes so I went outside and put on my seat-belt.