Chapter 32

Violet's POV

At lunchtime, sudden anticipation rose in my stomach, everything started spinning and I literally wanted to empty the contents of my abdomen out on the floor, not a very pleasing idea if I say so myself. "Um Sarah, I have to get some documents delivered to Reed's office right now, I'll be back in about an hour or so." She sipped from her smoothie, "How romantic! Have fun lovebirds!" she sarcastically rolled her eyes. "You are something else, Sarah Blakely." I exited the hospital doors and sat in my car which was definitely not an appealing experience. To my dismay, there was not a lot of traffic either so my meeting with him was inevitable, which was the one thing I dreaded. I looked at the address on my phone and I recognized it to be the tallest and most expensive building in the respective area, how ironic that I was wife to a billionaire but a pawn at heart. Just for once, I did not want any negative ideas to spring up in my mind, only happiness. It would be a rather new experience to visit your so-called husband's workplace because you rarely talk to him, our life would never be normal. The car parked in front of the colossal building which was hustling and bustling with people, I was never the one to be overwhelmed, so I decided to call Reed so he could do something. "Hey Violet, is everything okay?" I sighed, "Yeah, I'm sorry to disturb you but I'm standing outside your building but I don't know anything about where I'm supposed to go." There was a crackling noise on the other side, "Yeah, my assistant is on the reception, just tell her that you have a meeting with me, the rest is up to her." The line died. I walked inside the glass doors, everything was so immaculate, there were no weird filling papers anywhere but there were professional employees, all working in silence, while there was the usual clicking and clanking of stiletto heels on the marble floor. I noticed a posh woman sitting on the farthest end of the room, wearing scantily clad clothes that showed off her curves, no wonder she was Reed's assistant, his fiance was literally a Vogue model so undoubtedly he had to get an equivalent for work. "Hi, I'm Violet Emery Carlot, I have an appointment with Mr. Reed Wilson, so can you please check?" She rolled her eyes, how ironic. Then, a realizing moment dawned upon her, she looked at my badge then at my face. "You're Dr. Violet Carlot, a-a neurosurgeon and," she gasped, "Mr. Reed Wilson's wife." She hurriedly ushered me to the private elevator that was distinct from all others, "Sorry Madam I did not recognize you, I am very sorry, please Mr. Reed was willing to meet you." Silence again, the elevator was just zooming floors upon floors until the highest floor was reached, that belonged to Reed. Posh was understatement, the whole floor liked out of Architectural Digest, chic lights and uber cool furniture, he did have exquisite taste. There was a woman smiling at me, close to a door that looked Victorian and professional. "Welcome Dr. Violet, Mr. Reed is expecting you." She opened the door for me, "Thank you, it's okay, I'm here for some important papers, that's all." The woman grinned, "Please, it's no problem at all." The office overlooked the entire New York City, through the glass windows and there was opulent furniture around the massive room, but the CEO was not there. I sighed and placed the brown envelope on the desk, before walking away. Until, oh lord, I felt someone grip my hand, could it be a burglar? I was mentally shocked, that meant I became frozen to the spot. The person inched closer to my ear, "Violet, are you that silly to think that I would call you to the highest floor just to put the papers on my desk, that's not you." Did he just magically appear? He let go of my hand, "Turn around Violet, I don't eat people." I slowly looked at him, "Why did you call me Reed?" He sighed, looking out of the window, "I'm sorry to disturb you, but we have to attend a ball tomorrow, for the welfare of cancer children." People drowning in riches, "It would be better if you donated to an organization like the American Red Cross or something." 

"Businessmen have an intellectual mind but intelligence is not their speciality." I observed the room, "I can see that." He sat back on his char, "It's basically a masquerade, flowy gowns and everything, you can go shopping today if you want to." I heaved a laboured breath, "Why don't you take Melanie, nobody will notice?" He slid on his glasses, "I may be a risk-taker but I am definitely not a fool, anybody could see the difference between you and her." He motioned for me to sit down, "I love her Violet, but somethings are out of my control, so what do you say, care to join me?"