Chapter 31

Violet's POV

I was in a last minute frenzy because of the time I woke up, my life had become so disorganized, I once used to be a high school 4.0 GPA kind of person but now everything was going downhill because of the my super stressful life, juggling between life and work. There were papers and USBs flying everywhere, paint on the floor and I did not even eat my breakfast. "Ahhhhh! I'm such a mess." Now, the cherry on the top, I could not find my phone, my stethoscope was dangling on my neck which was also a nuisance. Then, God decided to hear my prayers, I heard it ringing from under my bedsheets, how amazing Violet. The caller ID read the infamous name, Reed Wilson. "Hi Violet, can you do me a favor?" I groaned on the phone, "Is everything okay Violet, I can do it on my own if you want." Great, now Reed thinks I am a conceited person with no desire to help others. "Yeah yeah sure, I can definitely do it!" Why was I so enthusiastic? "So if you're still at home, can you bring the documents on the kitchen island, they're in a brown bag?" I stared at the pack sitting on the counter, "I'm running a little late for work, so I'll get them to you at around...2:30, is that okay?" He asked about his schedule from the work assistant, "Yeah that works for me, and uh, thank you Violet." I stayed quiet until the phone itself cut off. After finally grabbing the things I needed, I greeted the housekeeper as she finally entered the lounge. Why did everything have to be so difficult, killing and tiring? Me and Reed could never be, not even friends. Without remembering our past, our day could never begin. The car sped along the road, there was deafening silence around me which meant words that could not be understood by everyone, but me because it was my dear melancholy. It was again one of those cold signature days that made you depressed and indifferent to everything that happened around you. The typical hospital smell welcomed me inside, of washed and drained walls, the dead souls that lurked inside these four walls. The receptionist, again welcomed me with her smile, "Dr. Carlot, how are you doing today?" I forced a fake smile, "Good, what about you Sarah?" Sarah was one of the typical hopeless romantics who looked for love in life, but would me staying with her, shrivel up the flowers in her garden? I was brought back to reality, "Dr. Violet, are you okay?" I grinned, "Yeah, I've got a busy day ahead of me today." A few minutes later, I was back in my office, that overlooked the Empire State Building, tall skyscrapers and probably a million other people. "Dr. Violet, I am going to send in some patients, a couple to be more precise, their child has dyselxia and they really need to consult something with you!" The last time I checked, my degree read Neurosurgeon and not a general practitioner, "Isn't that Dr. Amna's job, she manages the pediatric ward, doesn't she?" The nurse nodded, "She does but they really wanted to talk to you because they believe that you have a better chance at helping them than her." I laughed at them internally, why does everyone make assumptions about me before they get to know me. "Okay but please don't make this a habit." She nodded and signaled for them to come in, it was an elderly couple with a young child, how oddly strange. "Good morning Dr. Violet, I am Michael John, this is my wife Amy and my son, Rosario." I greeted them with a smile, "So nice to meet you Mr and Mrs. John and you too Rosario, how are you feeling?" He had a solemn expression on his face, like he was lost in a spiral of emotions. "Why don't you all take a seat?" They both sat down on the chairs in front of my desk. Today, was going to be an absolutely heart-wrenching day.