Chapter 15

Violet's POV
The visit to my parents' house was short-lived and there was nothing special to do there; we would have early dinner and then go to sleep, life was uncontrollably boring there, they avoided my gaze as if they were ashamed of their mistake, I chuckled. It was funny what greed did to people, even your own parents become your enemies, they swear to put you down, even if it means killing you internally. I parked my car outside the complex and walked inside, Saturday was a calm day. "Seems like today's going to be a good day." I took the elevator, the lavish lobby glistened due to the artistic sweeps of the mop. The lift stopped on the last floor and I entered the security code; my eyes dropped down in horror when I saw what Melanie and Reed were doing on the kitchen island. Involuntarily, I gasped, putting my hand over my mouth. They looked at me, Reed showed concern in his eyes, "Sorry to interrupt you?" I lowered my gaze and walked towards my room, "I'm sorry Violet, I-I didn't know that you were coming, Reed should have told me-why-why didn't you tell me?" I smiled bravely, "It's fine really, you both are madly in love and I don't want to be hindrance to that, this is too your home and you can come see Reed whenever you want, it's a house to me, not a home." With that, I walked inside my room, locking the door behind me, I slipped down on the ground and cried. Violet Carlot cried, I let my emotions out. They were bottled up inside me, being forced into a loveless marriage, having a communication gap with your parents, seeing your supposed cheat everyday, not finding love and drowning in work. I let all my worries out, soaking my entire body, surprisingly, I felt relieved, the last time I cried was when I lost my grandfather to cancer. 5 years ago to be exact. The tears wouldn't stop, they flowed like a newfound river, I sniffled and sobbed, hurt myself to stop but I wouldn't...the tears were out and I could even taste the salt. Fatigued and famished, I slept on the cold ground, even though my room was carpeted and centrally heated, I shook violently, shuddering violently. I didn't know when I fell a sleep, everything consumed me, and I was disorganised but there was something so beautiful in being a mess, a beautiful mess. I woke up with my head pounding.
I staggered outside to see Reed watching television, I could barely control myself and I kept falling. Suddenly, I lost my balance and fell down on the marble floor, Reed seemed unbothered but a wave of pain hit me and I shrieked, "OUCH!" He turned to see me lying on the ground, I thought that he would not come and save me, by my judgement, it could be a fracture. "Fuck!" he whispered. He came running towards me and bent down to my level, "Does it hurt?" I nodded my head silently, all I wanted to do was cry a river. I had no self-confidence right now and I was about to be a mess anytime soon. He gave me his hand and I limped to the sofa, he got a first aid kit from the kitchen cabinet. "You should have been more careful Violet," he declared. I looked away, clearly not impressed. "I can do this myself  Reed, you can go." He chuckled, "When you saved me in the hospital, if I said that I could do this myself, would you believe me?" I was astounded, "No." It almost came in a whisper. "I don't trust you either Violet," he spoke lightly. Why couldn't this be any easier for me? He lightly applied the appointment on my foot and then wrapped a bandage around it. He studied my face, fuck, my eyes were puffy. "Have you been crying Violet?" I didn't know what to say. "Y-yes." He pulled me closer to his chest but didn't touch me back, I cried again. He stayed there, "I'm sorry, I wish-I wish I could make your life better, you don't deserve to be treated this way." All I wanted was to play The Weeknd on my guitar. "Can you get me my guitar?" He got up from his position and fetched me my guitar, "I guess you can have your alone time."

Reed's POV
Melanie was sleeping in my room whilst I stood in my doorway, mousey-still, straining to hear a sound but none came. The angelic voice was heard from nowhere. "We found each other, I helped you out of a broken place, you gave me comfort but falling for you was my biggest mistake, I put you on top..." I smiled, I thought she only listened to Lana Del Ray and other girly singers but she impressed me. Then she hit a high note that was beyond my perfect, "So call out my name when I kiss you gently..." It could pass for a live performance, was music her way to escape reality? "I want you to stay... Girl why can't you wait!" Wow, she was getting really carried away. She ended the song with a harmonious strum. "The Weeknd, interesting, I thought you listened to Lana Del Ray." She didn't say anything, "Sorry to disappoint."
"Someone's catty today." She looked at me, "I was always this way, some people failed to realise, I don't want to cry so go away Reed, before my inner peace crumbles." She limped towards her room, while I looked at her. This was going to be a serious blow to the chance we had at friendship.