Chapter 61

Reed's POV
It was a Sunday afternoon and I had to be at work due to an emergency meeting but I really wanted to be home with Violet who also had a shift but it ended at 2 pm but my meeting and the aftermath would go on till 6 pm which was terrible, the meeting had ended but I was sitting in my office typing a proposal for another oil deal with an agency which I had quite diplomatic ties with but my mind would not concentrate, it kept going back to Violet and the way she had hugged me yesterday, it was the cutest gesture that was made even better by her initiating it and our first kiss was also something else, she tasted of strawberries and caramel, not that I was being needy or anything but you would never expect something like that out of conservative Violet.

Being unable to control my urge to talk to her, I texted her:

Reed
Hi love

She didn't reply for about 15 minutes and the need to hear the ping sound was driving me mad, I wanted to tell her how much she effected me until finally she replied:

Violet:

Hey Reed

Reed:

How are you love? Tired?

Violet:

Hahaha I was, I rested so I am not feeling that lethargic right now.

Reed:

But I think you are tired

Violet:

Why do you think that? Do my messages seem off?

Reed:

No but you have running through my mind the whole time.

Violet:

Oh wow, that was so sweet. I was thinking about you too.

Reed:

Mhmmm, I wanted to talk to you.

Violet:

I am not that time consuming to you right, I mean talking to me because I know you have to work?

Reed:

Why does it even matter when I am ready to give you all my time in this world?

Violet:

Aren't you a little too smooth?

Reed:

I have loads to tell you today, can't wait to see you.

Violet:

Me too, see you soon Reed:)

I smiled like an idiot at myself, at least our relationship was taking a positive turn in life which was a good thing, Violet was still a little iffy about certain things but I let it be that way as it was not my right to push her out of the comfort zone she was in which was necessary. After quite some time, I got a call from Violet, which was quite worrisome as she rarely called, "Hey Violet, is everything okay?" There was cackling on the other side, "Reed, I hurt myself." I got up from my seat, "What do you mean you hurt yourself?"

Violet's POV:

Flashback

"Sir, I need you to sit down then I will explain to you." The patient in front of me had anger written all over his face as his wife's treatment for the brain tumour was definitely not going well and all the available options had been already used on her but the size would not decrease, thus I was slowly starting to think that the patient was no longer curable. "You never tried any treatment diligently on my wife, all you guys want is money, please understand that there is still hope." I sighed, rechecking the files and histories presented to me beforehand, "Sir, I personally have tried all these treatments on your wife and I completely understand your emotions right now but we as doctors feel that there is no treatment left in our knowledge but I sure you that we'll be on the lookout and keep monitoring Mrs. Smith." He violently got up from his chair and groaned, "You can't be serious, every hospital has said the same thing, you can't expect me to believe you again." He grabbed a vase placed on my desk and aimed it at my face which was terrifying, "Sir, please believe me that we are trying our best..." It happened in a single moment that it went flying past my face, injuring my lips and neck, and temple. I pressed the security button and guards came in without wasting any single moment, "You will pay for this, if my wife dies, I'll burn down this whole hospital." I did all the necessary things that could have been done at that very moment and called Reed, the only person that came to my mind at that moment.

Present:
"Violet, look at me, at least show me your face." I forgot to tell Reed that a Violet patient had hurt me at work today and I had taken legal action against that but Reed kept on insisting that I do something further like the fact that I punched him too at that time, being a doctor it wasn't right to do that but the guards had carried him away. "No I look ugly." Reed sighed, "Oh my god Violet, I don't care, come on just for me?" I slowly turned back and removed the hand from my face, "Oh my god, he did that to you?" I nodded, "It's okay, patients are humans too, they can act out sometimes." Reed put his hands on my shoulders, "Violet you're too kind, those patients are crazy, look at your neck, it's bleeding and your lip is all red." Without another word, he got the first aid kit from the kitchen counter, and that was it. I wasn't going to let him do this, "Reed I can do it on my own." He shook his head, "But I am not going to let you." He took out the cotton swab and dropped some water droplets on it, then he grabbed my chin, "Violet, you're shaking like a leaf, it's just water, relax." I was a little nervous because of Reed, not the treatment, "I-I am." His eyes travelled to my lips where he did the treatment and it was the most agonising moment of my life combined with awkwardness. He was gentle and all, then he looked at my neck, lifting my head to the side, "I wish I could do something to that man, he wouldn't be alive to see another day." I laughed nervously but he kept doing his thing, "Violet you're shaking again, tell me if it hurts." I sighed, "It's you that's making me nervous, I am looking at this beautiful face while I have bruises on mine, you must be thinking of me as someone ugly, and you keep looking at me in the most aesthetically pleasing way, what do you expect me to do? Stay still?" I kept thinking in my mind, "Stop looking at my face Reed, it's making me insecure." "Love, I don't care about the bruises or scars, to me you're the most beautiful person ever, your eyes, hair, face and personality which I love so freaking much, they show your resilience and your will to help others even if it's putting your life on the line, and love," he was even closer, "this beautiful face is all yours to stare at." I was flabbergasted, "Your face or my face." He laughed, putting his face on his hand and resting it against the kitchen island, he looked so cute with his little dimple. "My face to you and your beautiful face to me." I laughed, "You're funny, seriously why would you want to look at me?" He sighed, "I am afraid that the day would end but my list wouldn't." I placed my hand on my heart, "That was so sweet of you, jokes apart, I like your face too." He frowned, "Like? Only like?"

"You're too cute for your own good," I muttered but Reed heard me saying that, "Did you just call me cute?" I shrugged, "Nope, I didn't." Reed went to the fridge where he took out a small bouquet and gave it to me, "This is for you, I wanted to cheer you up after that traumatic experience, do you like it?" I smelled them, "Daisies! I love them, thank you so much, this is the best gift someone has ever given to me." Reed placed his hand on mine, "Violet, I was planning about a vacation, not too far from here, I don't want to tell you where but I want to spend some time with you, there's so much about you that I want to know, only if you want to tell me, but let's have some fun, it's only for a day, what do you say?"