Chapter 11

Violet's POV
Reed fumbled with our apartment keys as we entered the lavish complex, thank God, we would have separate rooms. "Sorry for the delay," he beckoned me to go inside and I literally felt my eyes fall out from their sockets. How luxurious could an apartment be? Our glass panels overlooked the entire city and the whole furniture was modern chic. We had an open kitchen and a marble kitchen island overlooking a comfy lounge with a fireplace and large 84 inch television screen. "Wow!" I exclaimed. Reed then motioned me towards two bedrooms, "This one's yours and the one on the right is mine." I entered my room which was already decorated with my brown fleece bedding, autumn candles, it had a balcony overlooking 5th Avenue and my MacBook as well as AirPods were all neatly arranged on a bed-table that had fresh showers on it. My side-tables had white lamps and my books were all aesthetically arranged. The book-shelves were already filled with my books and the bathroom was also stocked. It was funny what money could do to you. I suddenly felt very drowsy and decided to sleep for a while.
"No Reed, stop!" Reed's eyes bore through mine and I could feel our close proximity, he was about to touch me when I turned to ash and was transported to another dimension. This time, it was pitch black and I could feel water splash below me. Then I heard someone running behind me...I ran too...
I woke up from my dream, shaking. I staggered to the kitchen where I poured myself a glass of water. I leaned against the counter and then my eyes drifted off to Reed's room where I could hear strange muffled voices...of someone laughing. "Stop Reed, stop!" It was a girl that was for sure but whom could it be. Melanie... of course it was her. The wedding night of my husband was spent with another woman, how ironic. I checked the time, it was 9:30 pm. I opened the fridge door to look for some dinner items. I decided to make pasta with red sauce. I was an excellent cook, since Reed didn't eat anything at the ceremony and so did I, well it was a perfect occasion. I boiled the pasta till it was al-dente and made some red sauce that my Italian housemaid had taught me, I added chicken mince for further flavour. Finally, I took out three plates and dished out the food. I knocked on Reed's door, "Do you need anything Violet?" How rude could this man be, "Um, I made some dinner, in case you were hungry."

Reed's POV
I looked at Melanie who was utterly shocked, "This girl is so sweet Reed, why did you destroy her life?" The answer wasn't simple Melanie, I kissed the top of her head, "Babe, that's okay, she'll get over it in a week or two, anyways, you don't want good food to go to waste." She was a little hesitant, we both walked outside and there were two plates dished out elegantly, "Violet, did you eat your dinner?" Why were there 3 plates? "Yeah, there's one for you and Melanie."  I don't understand Violet. Melanie made her "aww" face and we both sat opposite to each other, "This looks real fancy Reed." I fell in love with the food at the first bite, it was so delectable. "Man, this is good." Why are you doing this Violet?