Chapter 6

Violet's POV
"That dress is absolutely breathtaking isn't it sweetie, you'll look absolutely amazing!" Mom exclaimed, I wanted to get out of here, this dress appointment was nothing but torture. I wonder if Reed was alright, he and his girlfriend looked so happy together that my heart melted, it felt as if my job of being a doctor was complete. I got up from my chair to look around the lavish store, it was funny what greed did to people. Posh families sat everywhere, looking for an exclusive wedding dress, while I being the shy doctor who did not want to spend extravagantly, looked like a lost child in a store. I wandered further in the store until my eyes caught a beauty. The dress of my dreams, it was everything I needed, simple but so elegant that it could make people's jaws drop. With minimalistic jewellery, it could look ravishing on me. "You'd look beautiful in that dress love." Mom stood behind me, I smiled at her, "I know, it's just calling out to me, can I please choose a dress for my wedding?" Mom smiled at me, "Of course, we'll ask the attendant to help us out with it.

" Mom stood behind me, I smiled at her, "I know, it's just calling out to me, can I please choose a dress for my wedding?" Mom smiled at me, "Of course, we'll ask the attendant to help us out with it

The attendant helped me to put on that dress, which made me look absolutely ravishing, it was simple, above all. Then, she put a veil on me and lo and behold, it looked stunning. I walked outside the trying room and Mom gasped in joy. "You look beautiful sweetie, my little girl has grown up." I did not want to tell her that me dressing up for a false occasion was a pretence and I never wanted this contract to be initiated. "I want this dress," I whispered. The attendant helped us to make sure that every fitting was alright and we would be called next week for further changes and amendments. "I have to get to work now Mom, I'll see you at home."

I noticed Reed, his parents and Melanie standing in the reception, filling out a form. Then Mr. Wilson saw me, "Violet, thank you so much for treating Reed and Melanie, I'm so glad they're both okay, thank you once again." I smiled, "It was my duty Mr. Wilson, by the way, hi Melanie, I'm Violet." I put my hand forward for her to shake and she did so surprisingly politely, "Hi, nice to meet you too, thank you so much for being there for Reed and me." We stood there in awkward silence, "So I guess we'll take our leave then, we'll meet you on Friday for the wedding decorations." I smiled wearily. I noticed Reed glancing at me when everyone had walked away, "Thank you Violet..." I nodded my head. Then I noticed it, he was wearing our engagement ring, "Oh, I had to do it for my parents and Melanie is super understanding." I smiled in understanding, "You have a very sensible girlfriend, you should thank God." He sighed, "I do, everyday, I do." Then, he left.