Chapter 20

Reed's POV

"I have cut you enough slack Violet, if you exceed your limits again, you won't like what comes your way!" I yelled but Violet didn't even flinch from her position. "To hell with the fact that you've cut me slack, all you do is cheat on me and make sure that my life is a living hell, all you do is infidelity!" She was right, she had her point, nobody would want their significant other to cheat on them, even if it was a fake marriage. "Lets say that I do and I have a fiance, what would that make you, you'd rather die than to have me as a partner, you'd rather be at work than to have us spend time together!" My breath came in pants, "What we have is nothing short of a contract, and I'm definitely not entitled to your opinions or demands Reed, don't expect me to listen to your petty rants, I'm tired of being kind to you when all I get in return is you hurting me!" There was silence between us, I grabbed Violet's hand and turned her around gruffly.

Violet's POV

All the red flags of my brain had come into form, this was not going off to a good start, I did not want to be touched, so I squirmed and tried to get free from his control. "Let go Reed, I said let go, I don't want to be near you!" I kicked my legs up and down, trying to do all sorts of martial arts tricks on him but he wouldn't budge. "Violet, listen well, I can marry and have kids with her, but our relationship ends only when these 3 years are over should have thought before you said I do!" My heart was shattered, after all, what was our friendship? "What about us being friends, what was all that, another one of your tricks to get closure!" He came close to my ear and whispered huskily, "Oh Violet, I have so many women who would love to have closure with me, and do you think I'd choose you, this world needs beauty and not education." Was I not pretty enough, hell I was, do I need his validation? I got free from his grip, "Then call them, would you introduce them as your side chick 2 or 3 or 15! I respect you and Melanie but all I ask is respect in return, just stop bringing her into this apartment!" He laughed at my statement and stepped closer, "Oh sugar, this is my apartment and I can bring who I want, whenever I want, the terms of the contract are already somewhat dissolved, so you're free from one condition." Should I get a boyfriend, no, never! "Would you-would you break the-the intimacy term as well?" He walked closer to me, until my back hit the wall but there was a safe distance between us, I was literally shivering. "Clearly, you wouldn't like that, I can be a cheater Violet but never, I repeat, never a rapist, this is a contract, and your consent matters to me but since we're not actually husband and wife as per moral laws, I respect your boundaries." We both stared at each other's eyes for half a second until he stepped away, "I want you to be comfortable with what you do, not scared to death, anyways, I am against polygamous marriage so I may secretly divorce you without our parents knowing within this month." Was he serious, I would want that more than anything. "You'd-you'd do that?" He smiled, "Yes, I've hurt you enough, with all that you're going through, the best is to divorce you." But I would be a divorcee, "What-what about you and Melanie going to France?" He fixed his cuff, "Tomorrow at 8 in the morning." Thank God, they'd be gone. "Don't get your hopes too up princess, anything can happen, babies and intim...." I groaned, "Stop!" He chuckled, "Okay princess!" I cringed, "Don't call me a princess again!" 

After a while, I was sitting on the couch, playing my guitar when I heard someone plop down next to me, "So, who taught you?" I looked at Reed, "No one, YouTube lessons I guess." He smirked, "So you've always been smart, beauty with brains." I gave him a frustrated look, "Jesus, stop flirting with me, I don't know what to do at this moment." He chuckled, "I'm complimenting you, we're still acquaintances, so you've never been with a boy before?" I kept strumming the chords, "Nope, not in these 25 years, no kiss, no weird touching, no alcohol but yeah you practically chugged it down my throat once and no high school/college parties." He was utterly shocked, "Can't believe you're from the 21st century."