Chapter 51

Reed's POV

"Mr. Wilson, there is somebody here to see you, by the name of Ms. Astrid Hensley, should I send her in?" I looked at my assistant from the computer, "Did she call for an appointment, you do know that I am a busy man?" She scratched the back of her neck, "She said that she is a very close relative of yours and you'd be delighted to meet her." I rolled my eyes, "Send her in, you're glad that I wasn't doing something extremely important." She bowed and left, "I'll send her in a minute." I wanted to scream and punch a hole through the hole, we probably had the most productive conversation in a while, if I had seen Astrid now, I would never have dated her; what does she want from me? The door opened revealing Astrid in a seductive red dress that was very suggestive and I gagged, that would never impress me and the little respect I had for her was also diminished. "I thought you would be in the hospital saving lives." She chuckled, walking towards my desk, placing her hands on either side of the table, "Looks like someone else needs some saving." I rubbed my eyes, "Quit your games Astrid, tell me what you want." Now, she walked on the other side and sat right in front of me, I instinctively pushed my chair backwards, "All I want," she came closer and whispered, "is you." I scoffed, "I think you don't understand what no means, how many times do I have to tell you that it's over between us." Astrid laughed manically, "Would you think about it if Violet was out of the picture?" I was hysteric, "This has nothing about Violet," I got up from my chair, "I have done what I have wanted." 

Astrid also paced around the room, "Color me shocked, I thought you'd be jealous of Troye, I guess my plan failed." I was shocked, how does she know that Violet is seeing someone but I pretended as if I knew nothing, "Who's Troye?" She nonchalantly said, "One of my many minions, nothing more and also Violet's old med school friend." What does this have to do with me? "Why do you think I'd be jealous and Violet knows what's best for her, she would never fall for your cheap pranks?" 

"Oh Reed, stop pretending like this means nothing you, you fucking love her, how long will you keep denying your feelings?" She pushed me, "I'll admit, I do like Violet but I am not going to stop her from doing what she wants, I am nobody to do that, she doesn't like me in return so what's the point?" Astrid came closer, "What would you do if Violet was not in the picture? You didn't answer my question." I looked in her eyes, then it clicked, Violet had to confess to him that she liked him in return as well and for that she would have to meet him somewhere, "I swear to God if anything happens to Violet, you'll be dead-" She shushed me as Astrid traced her finger along my jaw, "Too little, too late." I pushed her away from me as I was about to go out of my office, "Wait Reed, I didn't do anything that would harm her, I just want her to experience the same feeling of betrayal I had." I spat towards her, "What do you mean Astrid?" She poured herself a glass of whiskey from the shelf, "Did you know that Melanie was cheating on you with Troye, it's lucky I found connections between your friends?" I had to admit, the tabloids sent me a picture of Melanie cheating with another man whom I could not distinguish which caused me heartbreak and I was unable to concentrate on work for weeks, and I decided to take action at that brunch but those six years blinded me, "I knew but I was unable to breakup with her that day, I fucking knew, but that doesn't answer my question, what did you do Violet?" Astrid sipped her alcohol, "Okay okay, maybe I lied that I won't do anything to her, I just want to wipe her from the picture completely." I cursed her, "Fuck you Astrid." I dashed out of my office, "Security, we have a Code Red, it's an emergency." Astrid screamed behind me, "You're mine Reed, not Violet." 

Violet's POV

"I am so glad that you're healing Sarah, in a few days you'll be able to work." She smiled at me, "Thank you so much for saving my life Violet, you put your life in danger for me." I waved my hand, "Stop it, doing that was my duty as a friend." Sarah replied, "Now go get your man, Troye won't be waiting forever, I am so happy for you." With the bouquet of flowers in my hand, I went to my car to go to the apartment location Troye had texted me, there was a big smile on my face, "Dr. Violet, you're so happy, are those flowers for your husband, he's one lucky man, who knew Reed Wilson could be such a soft person for you." I stopped dead in my tracks, "Reed," I whispered. I shook the thought out of my head and answered, "No, they're for somebody else, a close relative of mine." I still kept my head high up and walked to the parking lot, my smile would never be faded, this was the beginning of a new chapter, a new Violet, a life without bounds or constraints. What elated me more that there wasn't a lot of traffic around me as well, and in about 25 minutes, I reached the destination and the complex was like a huge skyscraper and I could not control my excitement, what had Troye planned for me? Each stride felt like a meter long and his room was on the 30th floor so I had to wait a while as other people had to get off on their respective floors, finally I sauntered to his room, feeling giddy like a child in a candy store.