Chapter 50 (Huge Update)

Violet's POV

After the interaction with Reed, I decided to head back home, still thinking about being in my first committed relationship; this was my first time and I had no expectations, hopes or ambitions through this. What does a couple do? I had only seen cheesy things on movies and television shows, but I had nobody to ask about this. Should I call Sarah? That was the one option that came to my mind, so I parked my car in the basement complex and decided to call Sarah, "Hello Sarah, I need your advice on something." I heard some cackling voices behind me, "Violet, oh my god, save me please, you have to save me." I gasped, "Sarah, where are you? What's happening?" I heard her sobs and screams coming from the other end, "I am at my apartment, Violet, Jason's going to kill me, I am locked in my bathroom, you have to save me." my heartbeat accelerated in a matter of seconds, "Hang on, I'm coming, call the police as well." Her crying sounds grew louder, "He said he'll break through the door if I call the police, I am hiding from him here, he wants all my assets and credit card numbers then he'll fly to Europe with his girlfriend." I ran out of the apartment, hitting past many people, including Reed as he was coming back home, "Violet, what's wrong, where are you going?" I didn't have the time to answer so I went straight into the elevator and Reed tried to come after me but the door closed, why would Jason do this? I thought that they were both in love, too many deceptions in this world.

I ran into my car and practically zoomed off into the New York streets, calling my private security company, "Hello, this is Violet speaking, we have an emergency, I want you to follow my car LXR 777 to the location I am going to." The head Richard replied, "Roger that, we have a Code Red." The traffic was terrible so I kept honking like a maniac and at one point I thought of leaving my car in the middle and running on foot, being a doctor I was always used to being calm but it's true, you can never see the people you love in pain. Finally, when the traffic cleared, I felt like I was in an action movie and in 20 minutes, I had reached her apartment but my security team wasn't there but I ran inside the apartment complex, pushing the buttons like my life depended on it and soon the door opened. My phone rang in my pocket but I ignored it and dashed through the corridor that felt metres long but I soon reached the door, finding it to be open but there was nobody inside except that I heard some unearthly noise from the upper part of the apartment and I climbed the stairs, almost screaming at the sight in front of me.

Sarah was almost unconscious on the floor with blood on her entire face as Jason had probably beaten her up with the wine bottle that was half broken. "Eh, what did you say, you're not going to give us the money, huh, say that again?" Jason mocked her, circling her body like a hungry vulture. "Stop Jason, for the love of god stop!" He turned his head around and saw me, "Oh look what we have here, a bigger wallet for our needs." I was helpless, "I'll give you all the money you want, but please let Sarah go." His girlfriend laughed, "Hahaha, how much is too much?" She scratched her chin, "Quarter of a million dollars?" 

"You can take 250,000 dollars but please let Sarah go, she has nothing to do with this." Jason walked towards me, "How do I know we can trust you?" He picked up the wine bottle to hit me with, but I blocked it by holding his hand but before I could do anything, I felt my hand on someone's arm, who was no Jason. "That's enough." A swarm of security guards came rushing upstairs and I saw that the person standing in front of me was no other than Reed. They tried to get away but I stopped Jason by kicking him straight in his shin, "No you're not going anywhere." As for his girlfriend, i yanked her by the hair and pushed her straight to the ground. The guards stared at me dumbfounded along with Reed, "Wow." His mouth was open, "Looks like we didn't need them at all." I ran towards Sarah as the security team chained them, "Sarah, oh my god, are you okay?" She opened her eyes, "Violet, thank-thank you." Tears spilled from my eyes, "I am here, it's all going to be okay, I am right here." I hugged her close to my chest and cried. The paramedics team rushed and put her body on the stretcher, Reed put his hand on my shoulder, "Hey, it's okay, let's go, the team is taking her to the hospital." I yanked his hand off, "No, I need to be with her, I have to be with her, she needs me." Reed grabbed my wrist, "Violet, understand that it's dangerous for you to be alone, Jason is a convicted criminal on the loose, no wonder he has a whole team behind him." I tried to protest but it was no use, "Fine, I'll go home." I walked outside with Reed, awkward was an understatement, we had interacted countless times in the span of a single day, much more than we ever did in a span of a single day. I was about to sit in my car but Reed stopped me, "My team will get the car, you can't be alone right now, go home with me." I protested, "Reed I can go home perfectly fine, don't worry about me." He shook his head, "Believe it or not Violet, I care about you, I can't afford having you be kidnapped two times." I had no rebuttals so I decided to go back with him, not knowing what I would say to him.

Reed had an absolutely stunning black Lamborghini, probably a whole bunch of gold-diggers were behind him but he was committed as hell with Melanie, should I ask Reed something about relationships? Would he know? That was a stupid idea and I let that go, the whole ride was silent and I really didn't want it to be that way, "Thank you," I whispered. Reed didn't say anything at first, "You're welcome Violet, you shouldn't thank me." I shook my head, "I had to, thank you again." 

In the middle of the journey, it started to rain cats and dogs; I never liked New York at night, especially when it started to rain. "I am sorry." I looked at surprised, "Huh? Is everything okay?" He didn't look at me but kept his eyes on the road, "I know that the past year and a half has been terrible for you, both mentally and physically, what makes me feel terrible that I was the one who caused you all this pain, I pushed your boundaries and tried to kiss you that day, I've been terrible to you from the past year and I don't know how I can make it up to you but deep down, only I know how much I care about you, even though you may think that I'm lying but trust me, I am not, these-these feelings are nothing but genuine, I-I just hope you can forgive me." I was lost for words, who knew Reed was so eloquent with words but was this his business trick? One thing that I knew about Reed was that he was genuine with feelings and the way he said everything could not be a pretense. "I forgive you Reed, you have helped me grow into a stronger and better person, I found out my true self and I hope you found me helpful to your character development, we all make mistakes and I made them too, I ignored you and attached so many negative connotations with you, I am not so perfect myself."Reed laughed, "The way I see it, you're the most perfect person I've ever met, and I've met a lot of people." A sudden rush of blood reached my cheeks, "You're just being modest." Reed chuckled again, did I notice that his laugh was always this genuine, "I am everything but modest Violet." 

The car ride suddenly became more tolerable and we reached home, running inside the apartment complex, trying to save ourselves from the rain, laughing and being giddy. "We failed miserably, the rain got us." I don't know but there was a sudden rush of hormones, I noticed Reed's tousled hair and black looked really good on him but I shook it off, it was just an honest compliment. "But it was fun while it lasted," Reed got into the elevator with me. As we entered the apartment, we parted our ways and I changed into my pyjamas which included a loose Adidas sweatshirt and pyjamas along with a puffy jacket since it got really cold. After which, I went outside to make coffee and thought about two cups, one for Reed and the other for me since he went to the balcony which looked amazing at night. After making it, I went upstairs where our gym and balcony was, Reed had now changed into a sweatshirt as well, "Hey I brought some coffee, mind if I join you?" Reed looked at me, "Yeah sure and thank you so much." There was silence amongst us, "Reed can I ask you something?" He hummed a yes, still staring at the gorgeous skyline. "What should you expect from a relationship?" He looked at me, tilting his head to the side, "You're the last person I expected to ask that question, but I have only been in two so I am not the best person to tell you." TWO!? I thought he had probably dated a gazillion models and businesswomen, "Two?" He chuckled as he sipped his coffee, "I know I do give off the vibes that I have been in a lot of relationships but I only loved two girls in my life, I don't believe in temporary relationships." It was a huge quality that I really admired, "I have never been in one so I don't know what to expect." Reed chuckled, "It's nothing special, if the relationship feels like friendship then it's true, if it is only one person giving their best to make it work then it falls down like a block jengas but I'm sure the first time falling in love feels like heaven." I shyly laughed, "It's not love, I just don't know what it is-" Reed interrupted, "Falling in love for the first time is difficult, you don't know if it's true love or a silly crush, but if you truly love that person, you notice their every insignificant detail like the way they tuck a strand of hair when they're shy, love helping others or cooks the best pasta in the world, and love their flaws too, no human is perfect but we all try." 

I hummed in response, "I am so new to all of this, ugh, it's all so confusing." Reed touched his pinky finger with mine on the railing, "Just do what your heart wants, it's confusing I know but you always know the person you like, love is an organic process, it doesn't happen overnight." We stayed like that for a while, and I knew what my answer to Troye was.