Chapter 60

Violet's POV

I was back in New York, but this time at my hospital, sitting with Sarah in front of me who wouldn't stop blabbering about how romantic our confession was and she could never expect anything like that from me, "You've got a whole new romantic side to you Violet, Reed clearly needs to see this Violet." I blushed, my cheeks turning a tinge of rosy pink, "Sarah come on, I don't want to talk about it, it's so embarrassing sometimes." Sarah put down her coffee cup and I averted my attention to the presentation I was typing, "Embarrassing? Violet this is so cute and sweet, why on Earth would you ever say such a thing?" I sighed, "It all feels like a fever dream, I don't want to wake up, it's terribly amazing." Sarah cooed, "Awww! How has the dynamic changed after the confession?" To be honest, as soon as we kissed, I was flustered on a whole new level and sick as well, I coughed and coughed, a perfect way to ruin the moment, so Reed sent me back to the hotel and I came back to work the very next day through my private plane. The first person I told was my mother and father who were brimming with joy and said that I needed to go on another vacation or enjoy this phase but I declined as we both had to work and I could not neglect my work duties any longer, I was no romantic but sometimes I just wanted us to have that dynamic of hugging or gentle ways but I didn't know how to initiate anything, like watching a movie. Today would be the first day me and Reed would be living together after our little confession, so awkwardness could be felt through and through. "I don't know, I'll tell you after today, ugh, I am so nervous." Sarah patted my shoulder, "Don't be nervous, it's going to be okay and Reed is a really good human being, I am sure he would give you all the time in the world to be comfortable around him so don't fret too much."

"I can't help it Sarah, I have never been so intimate with anyone before and that first kiss thing was magical but living in the same roof with a person and falling in love for the first time can be tricky." Sarah nodded in understanding, "I completely understand your feelings Violet, and I am here for you in any way possible, just love yourself and try to be as open as you can but don't push the boundaries, alright?" I smiled, "Of course, love you Sarah, thank you for being there." She placed her hand on her heart, "Aww of course." I checked the time on my watch as 10 pm and that was already very late, I mailed my presentation to the front desk and all department heads before packing up for leaving, my heart was practically pounding. I got in the elevator and pushed the button for the parking lot, bidding goodbye to all the workers on the floor and thanking them for working so much, while I was on my way to the car, my phone pinged. 

Reed Wilson

Love, are you free from work? 

Me

Yes, on my way to the apartment now:)

Reed Wilson

Alright love, drive safe❤️

My heart leapt with joy and excitement, it felt amazing to have someone that cared so much about you, who loved and cherished your presence and inquired about your safety to a healthy extent, I was usually home by 9 pm but today I had so much work after the break that I was not able to do much about being on time. Traffic was not an issue as I finally figured out a shortcut after so long and symbolically, it also meant new beginnings for me. After parking, the chauffeur grabbed my bag and everything so that it could be taken to my room, and I entered the elevator. I entered our passcode in the dialpad and our door opened, "Reed I am home." He had this habit of taking a shower after work as I could hear the faucet running in his room so I poured myself a glass of water, in hopes to reduce my anxiety. His door opened to reveal Reed wearing a white t shirt and black sweatpants, his curly hair slightly glistening with water, "Hey princess, how was work today?" I had a terrible ache in my neck so by instinct, I turned my head to the right to relieve the tension, he sensed it and took the coat off my shoulders, which made me jitter a bit, he neatly placed it on the hangar and there was sheer adoration for him in my heart, he was certainly amazing and a great husband. "Thank you and work was so tiring today, what about you?" He shrugged, "It was okay, even I came home at 9 o clock, but now finally," he took a step closer to me, "I can finally have my wife to myself." I blushed, "Aww, me too." 

"Reed, I need to prepare dinner, what will you have today?" He leaned against the counter and shrugged, "I will have anything but let the cooks make something for us, I want to spend some time with you." I smiled, "Aww really?" He smirked, "You can't even imagine." After calling the front desk, our dinner came after 30 minutes which gave me some time to change into a black hoodie set and some fluffy shoes, "Love, dinner's here," Reed called out. I came outside to see my favourite steak and mashed potatoes, "Aww Reed, I am so happy you remembered." He smiled, "Of course I would." We sat on our dinning table and happily talked about our day and everything that happened, but I was afraid to ask something, about us being in the same room as I was not ready for that kind of closeness as of yet but I was working on breaking some boundaries around me such as touching and intimacy through hugs etc. "Reed, I had a q-question." His eyes looked at me as he left his dinner at that very instance, "What's wrong love?" I was fidgety and all, "I-I was w-wondering ab-about the uh room sharing situation-" Reed rubbed his fingers over my knuckles, "Princess, you don't need to worry about that right now, I am supportive of any decision you make and my room is always open to you and I would never push you to do anything against your boundaries." I smiled, putting my hand on his, "Thank you Reed, I am so so so happy and lucky to have someone like you in my life." After eating, I washed the dishes whilst Reed went to prepare his bedroom and turn on the ambient lights, after the final dish, I washed my hands and patted them dry with a towel. Reed came outside to the tv lounge to watch some news or something, then an idea struck me, I had to return the favor.

As he was standing up, I called out, "Reed." He looked back at me, "Hmm everything alright princess, I slowly walked towards him, and there was confusion written all over his face. "Love, are you okay?" I put my arms around his shoulders and whispered in his ear, "Thank you, for everything." With that, I turned away but he grabbed me and trapped me in his embrace, "You don't need to thank me at all, it should be me who should be doing this, and I loved your little gesture, you're adorable." I felt shy all of a sudden, we were in such a close presence and the awkward silence made things even worse, I felt warm all of a sudden. His face moved closer to my neck, "Good night princess," he then moved upwards and placed a peck on my cheek, so I hugged him back and went into my room. I was giddy all of a sudden, sleep would never come I knew, even if I tried.