✖️Hospital✖️

a/n: this is in zach's pov leave me in alone

oh and oops swear words bc he's so done with the coma he's in

✖️✖️✖️

Chapter 22: Hospital

✖️✖️✖️

The Gay Barrister in the Coma

Three months

Three fucking months

For three months I had been laying in that damn coma doing nothing.

My parents barely visited me.

The two constant visitors I had were my older sister, Rachel, and Jake.

My brother and I didn't really talk anymore. He was a bit of a homophobe, so I flipped him the bird and got out of his life.

Being in a coma was so frustrating.

I could hear and sense everything that was going around me, I just couldn't do anything. When Jake came in and broke down after five minutes, I wanted nothing more than to wrap him in my arms and tell him I was okay, but I couldn't move.

Rachel would come in and comb my hair or wash my face, and Jake would tell me everything that was going on. They hadn't met until my accident, and they seemed to get along really well. That made me happy.

One day, Jake came in alone. I could smell his cologne, and I felt warm when his hand found mine. I could sense his unhappiness, and that kind of diminished the happiness in me.

"Hey, Zach," he told me. "School was okay, I guess. But I just can't stop thinking about you. I know you're alive, but it's hard to remember sometimes. If I'm gonna be quite honest, you look like shit. I mean, in the most attractive way possible, you look like shit. I'll have to ask Rachel for some more gel for you hair. I just...I really miss you, Zachy. And I uh...I did something. Oh God, I'm so fucking stupid. I...I just...I cut myself."

I felt his voice crack, and I swear my heart monitor wasn't correct because I swear my heart stopped.

"I can't take it anymore," Jake whispered so I could barely hear him. "My parents...they're getting colder towards me. I'm scared that they know. What if they kick me out? I don't want to burden your sister, and I'm still not sure it Jamie likes me. And God, I'm such a fuck up. I've been having thoughts lately, dark thoughts. I just, I don't think I'm worthy of this. I know that my problems are just that my boyfriend is in a coma, and I'm gay, but I just...it's overwhelming."

It took all of my strength, but I managed it. I focused on my hand muscles and squeezed his hand. He gasped in happiness. I slowly began working up my arm until I made it to my face.

"Please...please...please don't hurt yourself," I managed to gasp.

"Zachy, Zachy, is that you?" He demanded.

I tried to open my eyes, to just pry them open, but I couldn't. Jake squeezed my hand.

"Please, Zachy, please," he begged.

Then, he did something I'd never thought he'd do.

He began to sing.

He sang the song I sang to him right before we first kissed.

"Hello there, the angel from my nightmare, the shadow in the background of the morgue. The unsuspecting victim, in the darkness of the valley, we can live like Jack and Sally if we want," he sang before trailing off.

I saw tears forming in his beautiful, brown eyes.

Wait, I saw the tears.

My eyes were open!

And the first thing I saw was my beautiful, boyfriend. His hair was a mess, and his skin and body was flawless. He wore a plain, black shirt and black skinnies. He gasped happily before running to the door.

"NURSE, NURSE!" He called.

Two nurses and a doctor ran inside. They began checking my pulse and doing a bunch of medical shit as Jake held my hand and retold the entire story.

"Baby, I'm so happy," Jake whispered once all of the doctors had left. He kissed my cheek, and I swear my heart monitor picked up.

✖️✖️✖️

a/n: this chapter made me happy tbh

it was so cliche but I love it

okay bye