✖️Welcome Home✖️

✖️✖️✖️

Chapter 14: Welcome Home

✖️✖️✖️

The Boy That Hears Things That Aren't There

It was the day.

The day I was going to see my sunshine again.

I waited anxiously in the lobby of the hospital with Julia, her mom, and Jake. Mrs. Ligman was going to check Sydney out, and then we were taking her out to dinner. No adults, no judgement, no bad vibes, just friends. I promised myself that I wouldn't have a moment in the hospital. I would get through the day, for Sydney.

Ever since she had gone into the hospital, my schizophrenia had gotten ten times worse. No one had the calming presence over me like she did. I needed her more than she could ever know. Julia or Jake would try to calm me down, but it wouldn't work. The voices would tell me things, things that I didn't want to hear. They told me I was the reason for her committing suicide, that she didn't like me, that I would never be enough for her.

The thing is, once you hear something enough, you begin to believe it.

I couldn't wait much longer before I went insane. I needed to hold Sydney again, just feel her safe and in my arms. I needed to make sure that she was real and not some visual hallucination.

Then I saw her.

She looked beautiful.

Her blonde hair was tied back in a high ponytail, and her beautiful body was clothed in a big sweater and black skinny jeans. Her beautiful, brown eyes scanned the room until the landed on me. She beamed and sprinted towards me. She jumped onto me, wrapping her arms around my neck, and her legs around my waist. I held her, and she nuzzled her head into my shoulder.

"I missed you," she whispered.

"I missed you too," I smiled and kissed her cheek.

I let her down, and she hugged Julia and Jake. It was actually quite the qIrelief to know that Jake was gay. I no longer felt a bit of jealously when he was near her.

Let's face it, I wasn't was girls called 'attractive'. I had messy, dull, blonde hair and plain brown eyes. I always seemed to look angry, and I had no muscles. For God's sake, I heard voices! But Sydney made me feel accepted and wanted. She had always been so nice to me, and I loved the way she made me feel.

Sydney intertwined my fingers, and I kissed her knuckles. Mrs. Ligman signed Sydney out, and Sydney hugged and thanked her.

The four of us piled into Jake's car, Jake driving, Julia in the passenger seat, and Sydney and I in the back. I never let go of Sydney's hand since she finished hugging Mrs. Ligman.

The car ride to the Chinese restaurant was quiet, but it was a comfortable silence. You could tell that we were all happy to have Sydney back with us.

We got a table surrounded and ordered our drinks and entreés. We sat their laughing, and that's when everything went wrong. We saw familiar faces walk into the restaurant. It was Bradley, his friends, and a bunch of sluts.

"Oh shit," Julia mumbled as the walked in. Sydney wasn't facing them, so she turned around and you could see the sadness in her eyes.

"I don't want to see those assholes," Sydney mumbled. I put a hand comfortingly on her back and rubbed my thumb in gentle circles on her back.

"It's okay, we're here," Jake told her.

Bradley saw us, pointed and laughed with his friends and sluts. Sydney buried her head in her hands as Bradley walked over.

"Oh, hi Sydney," Bradley smiled smugly. "How was your little trip to rehab? I'm surprised they're still letting you near knives."

"Oh, screw you," Sydney seethed.

"I'm sure you'd love too," Bradley smirked.

"Horton hears an over used joke," Julia scoffed.

I felt my anger taking over. Before I knew what was happening, I was on my feet, and I had shoved Bradley to the floor. He had already recovered, and a sharp pain had developed in my jaw as Bradley punched me there. I fell back, and expected another blow to the face, but it never came. Instead I heard a yelp, and Sydney fell to the ground. Bradley looked horrified, we all looked horrified.

There was something when you hurt a girl physically that was just unforgivable. When it's a guy on guy, it's usually not that bad, but a girl, it's just so much worse. You could see the sorrow in Bradley's eyes.

"Oh my God, Sydney, I'm so sorry," Bradley apologized, leaning over to help her up. I pushed him out of the way and cradled Sydney in my arms. Surprisingly, I wasn't focused on hurting Bradley or making him pay for what he did, I was more focused on making sure that Sydney was alright.

"Excuse me, but I'm going to have to ask both of your parties to leave before we call the cops," a small, Chinese lady requested.

I picked up Sydney bridle style and walked out with her head resting on my chest. Jake and Julia followed us. We got to the parking lot and were almost to our car when we saw Bradley sprint over to us.

"Sydney, I'm so sorry, I'm an asshole," Bradley apologized.

"Hell yeah you are," Jake seethed. "Now get the hell out of here before I kick your ass."

Jake got into the car, and Julia, Sydney, and I followed. Sydney stayed cuddled up into my chest throughout the entire car ride. She was trembling.

"Hey, it's okay, you're with us now," I cooed to her, making circles on her back with my thumb in a comforting manner, just like I had done in the restaurant. She breathed for a moment before I noticed the tears rushing down her beautiful face. Julia turned around from her seat and put a reassuring hand on her knee.

"I just...the way Bradley hit me...it just brought back so many memories," she cried. "I thought the hospital had fixed me...I thought I wouldn't be like this anymore."

"Only one person can ever really fix us," Jake told us, his eyes focused on the road. "They accept you fully, scars, mental problems, and just problems all together. They know your dark side, and they love you for it. Sometimes, it's more than one person. It's honestly just a matter of finding that person or group of people."

✖️✖️✖️

a/n: so wattpad was being a little turd today and kept deleting this when I tried to save it so I'm sorry for taking forever to update.

and this is unedited af

I have a couple ideas for a story but idk which one to choose. it'll be published after this story finished

soooo

*coughs awkwardly*

uh

bye

thanks for reading

xxx