✖️Home✖️

✖️✖️✖️

Chapter 23: Home

✖️✖️✖️

The Silent Girl

I was lying on the couch with Julia and watching some cliche romantic movies a couple of weeks after my great date with Jamie. Julia was getting better, and Zach had opened his eyes. Naturally, Jake was spending every moment of every day at the hospital, and his parents were beginning to get a bit suspicious. Nevertheless, they hadn't mentioned anything to him, they just became a bit colder towards him.

Julia had begun to doze off for the first time in three days without sleeping pills when the doorbell rang and she jumped. Of course it rang, why wouldn't it? We already had rotten luck, why not make it worse? After calming Julia down, I pushed myself off of the couch and to the front door.

"If this is Jake or Jamie, I'm going to kill them," I muttered as I walked.

I opened the door, and I was attacked in a hug. I immediately recognized the perfume from my childhood. My terrible, hell ridden childhood. It took me a second to collect myself and push the bitch I called a mother away from me.

"What are you doing here?" I spat.

"Sydney, please, I just came to talk," she said calmly.

"I don't have anything to say to you," I growled.

"Then don't say anything," she assured me, tears brimming in her eyes. "I just need to let you know that I'm so, so sorry for everything I've done. I've acted as though no mother should ever act, and you've got such a big heart, do you think you could forgive me?"

"No," I replied plainly. "Now, get out of my home."

It was the first time I ever called Julia's house my home.

It was the first time I ever had an actual home.

The first time I felt fully accepted.

The first time I felt fully loved.

It felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of my chest.

In Beauty in the Beast, they say that 'home is where the heart is', and my heart was at home.

And I had to defend it from people like my mother.

"I'm sorry," she whispered before leaving.

I slammed the door shut behind her and closure had never felt so good.

✖️✖️✖️

a/n: this chapter was v v terrible and v v short sorry