✖️After Effects✖️

✖️✖️✖️

Chapter 31: After Effects

✖️✖️✖️

The Girl With the Weird Paintings

The morning was unusually quiet.

Just like Sydney was.

I assumed that she was sleeping.

God, she needed her sleep.

I left for school, deciding to give her another day, and when I came back, the house was different.

It felt empty.

Like when it did before Sydney moved it.

I ran upstairs to check on her.

She wasn't in her room, but there was something on her desk addressed to the Suicide Club. I read the first paragraph and knew what had happened. I sprinted into the bathroom and saw the last thing I ever wanted to see.

My best friend was dead in my bathtub.

I just dropped right there and cried. I tried shoving my fingers down her throat to get her to purge the pills, but it was too late.

She was really dead.

And it killed me.

I cried and cried and cried until it hit me.

Jake and Jamie had no idea.

I ran for my phone and called Jake. I couldn't form words, I just kept crying into the phone. So he told me that he'd come right over.

The same thing happened with Jamie.

I tried pulling Sydney's body out of the bathtub, but I eventually gave up.

It was just a body now.

It didn't have her beautiful soul trapped inside anymore.

Her beautiful soul that she had set free.

I heard someone come inside, and I knew it was either Jake or Jamie. I heard Jake's voice call to me.

"Jake!" I cried back.

His heavy footsteps banged up the stairs, and he busted through the door. He saw the scene I was in, and he became apart of it. He collapsed next to the bathtub and put his hand behind Sydney's head. Tears streamed down his face, and he planted a kiss on Sydney's forehead. He placed his arms around me, and we mourned our dear friend.

"Julia!" I heard Jamie's voice scream. I knew he was going to be the most upset.

"Jamie!" I screamed.

Jamie came into the bathroom, and he stopped completely. I swear his chest stopped moving up and down for a second. He ran and grabbed Sydney's hand. Sydney's dead, cold hand.

"SYDNEY!" He screamed. "SYDNEY! SYDNEY, PLEASE!"

I put a light hand on his shoulder, and he turned to me with tears in his eyes. I nodded, and he fell into my arms.

We sat their, crying with each other. For we were just humans, needing love in our time in of extreme suffering.

✖️✖️✖️

a/n: MY WIFI'S WORKING YAY