✖️The Nurse's Office✖️

✖️✖️✖️

A/N: the picture is Taissa Farmiga, and she'll be playing Sydney. (And it's quite possible I chose Evan Peters for the boy with schizophrenia, who knows? [it's funny because I do])

so just one little change. I changed Hazel's name to Julia, and instead of her having brown hair, I gave her jet black hair. You'll read more about her physical description in this chapter and the next couple of chapters. Honestly, I saw a girl on the street today, and all I could think was, 'well, that's my Julia.'

✖️✖️✖️

Chapter 3: The Voices

✖️✖️✖️

The Guy That Hears Things That Aren't There

The next time I saw Sydney that day was before English class. I loved English because Sydney was in it, but I hated it because that's when most of the voices spoke to me. I couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't. Most of the time, our English teacher, Mr. Valencia, would have to tell me to go to the nurse's office, and Sydney would take me.

But before English, I had someone to deal with. Jake couldn't just date Sydney. I saw him talking to her after pre-calc. He obviously only wanted her for her body. So, I approached him when he was alone at his locker. I slammed the door shut, surprising him.

"What the hell do you think you're doing with Sydney?" I demanded.

"Dude, if she's your girlfriend, I'm sorry, nothing happened," he said, putting his hands up defensively. "There's not need to get protective. I was just talking to her about math. She's the best one in our class, and I'm the worst."

"I know no guy 'just talks to Sydney about math'," I growled. "Now, what the hell did you say?"

"Why am I even trying to explain this to you?" He scoffed and tried to turn away. I grabbed his arm and slammed him against the locker. He then grabbed me, slammed me against the locker, and onto the floor. I then did something that I could believe I did, I bit his ankle just as my favorite person walked by. I heard her gasp as Jake screamed. She pulled him away from me.

"Jake, oh my God, are you okay?" Sydney asked, her voice laced with concern. I saw that she was walking with a really skinny junior. I believe her name was Julia. She then turned to look at me. "Jamie, what the hell? You can't just bite people!"

"I'm sorry," I gasped, tears filling my eyes. I sat up straight just to see Sydney scowl at me and have Jake lean on her as she and Julia helped him to the nurse's office. Jake had his arm around her, and it felt like a punch in the gut.

✖️✖️✖️

Sydney showed up ten minutes late for English. She gave Mr. Valencia a note, and he nodded, motioning to the only seat left. And it was next to me. She scowled at me and sat down in the chair. I immediately began hearing voices.

She betrayed you, she chose Jake over you.

How could she ever love you? You bit someone she cares about.

You should just slit her throat, take her out of this God forsaken world, take her out of it while she still has her innocence.

I began screaming at the voices.

"SHUT UP!" I screamed. I began to cry. Mr. Valencia looked at Sydney earnestly. She sighed and kneeled beside me. Her voice, as sweet as honey, pulled me out of my psychotic trance.

"Hey, hey, Jamie," she cooed. "C'mon, let's go to the nurses office to get you your pills, yah?"

I nodded, tears still streaming down my face. She took my hand and held it all the way down to the nurse's office. She took me in and sat me down on one of the beds. The nurse wasn't there, but she knew where my medicine was. She went to the cubby labeled 'Dawson, Jamie'. She pulled out the prescription pills and poured water into a paper cup. I took my pill and cried. She sat beside me, and I took her hand gently.

"Are you mad at me, Sydney?" I asked her.

"No, I can't stay mad at you," she replied. "But you can't do what the voices tell you. You can't just bite people. Promise me that you won't hurt anyone anymore."

"Pinky promise," I said, offering her my pinky.

She smiled and wrapped her pinky around mine. I felt the warmth in her smallest finger alone spread though out my entire body. I smiled, and she did something that I didn't expect her to do.

She hugged me.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and held me.

At first I was surprised, but I then wrapped my arms around her waist. She smelled really good, like vanilla and sugar and coconuts. I really like vanilla and sugar and coconuts. When she pulled away, she was teary eyed.

"I'm gonna miss you a lot," she sniffled.

My heart stopped. What did she mean by she was gonna miss me. Was she moving away? No, no, I couldn't let my angel move away.

"What do you mean?" I demanded, grabbing her wrist.

"Just, don't worry about it," she told me.

"I'm going to worry about it, you're my only friend in this hellhole!" I yelled, on the verge of having an attack of anger.

"I'm planning on taking my own life on Friday," she mumbled, but I heard it. I kneeled beside her as my heart shattered.

"Sydney, please don't kill yourself," I begged. "If you kill yourself, then I will too."

"Join the club," she muttered. But I heard it again.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"We...uh...we should head back to class," she offered, trying to get out of the conversation. I needed to finish this. The only girl I cared about (besides my mom) was planning to kill herself. I couldn't have that happen. I grabbed her wrists before she could walk away.

"What did you mean?" I demanded.

"Julia, Jake, and I are planning to kill ourselves together on Friday night," she explained.

"Then count me in," I smiled.

"Wh-wh-what?" She asked, obviously very confused.

"Darling, I think it's pretty obvious I don't want to live anymore," I smirked. Now, I do believe we have an English class to attend to."

✖️✖️✖️

a/n: jamie needs to calm his hormones