✖️The Locker✖️

✖️✖️✖️

Chapter 33: The Locker

✖️✖️✖️

The Boy That Hears Things That Aren't There

We all went back to school two days after Sydney's death. My mom told me that it was better if we got into a normal schedule as soon as possible.

So we went back to school.

Julia had prepared an announcement over the intercom, and I chose a song. It was one I knew Sydney loved and one I thought was appropriate. Jake brought flowers and candles to light around her locker.

So that morning, we put everything together.

Julia and I went to the office to go on the intercom. Principal Allen gave us a look of sympathy before leaving us along. Julia smiled at me, but I knew she was upset. Sydney was her best friend, how couldn't she have been?

Julia looked at the intercom microphone as if it was a monster. I had forgotten how she hated public speaking. Sydney had always been able to calm her down. I took her hand and squeezed it lightly. She looked at me with eyes filled with tears.

"For Sydney," I said, and my voice broke when I said her name.

"For Sydney," she agreed and began speaking into the microphone.

"Hello," she announced. "As some of you know, Sydney Carlson died two days ago. She committed suicide because, well, she was unhappy. She never talked, and most of you probably don't know who she is. Well, she didn't talk much, so we figured that we might as well put her out with a bang. At her locker, locker 166, there will be flowers and candles throughout the week. Please bring flowers to commemorate her. And now, we'd like to play a song in her memory."

I smiled at her and began to play Good Riddance by Green Day. Sydney loved Green Day. And I knew she was smiling wherever she was. And that's perfect

✖️✖️✖️

I went to school the next day to find the biggest surprise I would ever see.

Sydney's little shrine had about ten flowers and five candles the day before from myself, Julia, and Jake. When I came the next day, the little shrine was beautiful. There were countless flowers and candles. A radio played her favorite songs. And behind the entire thing was Bradley, Jenny, and their little group, all with tears in their eyes. Julia and Jake stood beside me, we were all expecting something bad.

"We wanted to apologize for everything we've done to you guys," Bradley announced. "Especially Sydney. I'm so damn sorry."

Jenny didn't say anything. She just pulled out a brand new copy of The Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas, the same book she stole from Sydney out of malice on the day the Suicide Club was formed. She placed it in front of the shrine as the tears fell.

"We were terrible," she said.

"You're forgiven," Jake told them. "And I think Sydney forgives you too."

And I knew she did.

✖️✖️✖️

a/n: this chapter was inspired by glee

and I thought it was cute