✖️The Fake Couple✖️

✖️✖️✖️

Chapter 5: The Fake Couple

✖️✖️✖️

The Silent Girl

I stayed at Julia's house all weekend. I saw her parents once that entire weekend. I watched Julia closely, and I think I figured her out. She was anorexic. She never ate. That's why she was so skinny. I needed to tell Jamie and Jake, but I had no way to talk to them since my parents turned off my cellular data.

On Monday, I couldn't find Jamie, but I ran over to Jake. I pulled him away from his locker and into a small, empty hallway.

"I think Julia has anorexia," I told him. "The entire weekend I was there, and I didn't see her eat once. And she's so skinny! Who knows how long this has been going on."

"What should we do?" He asked.

"We should try to handle this ourselves first, and if she still isn't eating, then we go to her parents," I said.

I heard the sound of jocks coming down the hall. Jake gasped and pushed me against the wall, quickly attaching his lips onto mine. He made out with me harshly, and it would've been passionate, but I knew his heart wasn't in it.

"Just go with it, please," he whispered into the kiss.

I heard whistling, and we broke apart to see his stupid jock friends watching us.

"Get it Jakey!" A guy named Bradley cheered.

"Oh...uh...hi guys," Jake said awkwardly.

"So, since when are you dating a sophomore?" Another guy named Isaac asked.

"Since this weekend," Jake shrugged, taking my hand.

"Wow, GET IT BRUH!" Bradley yelled, and the group walked away.

"What the hell?" I demanded once the group walked away.

"Listen, I need help," he said. "They can't find out I'm gay. Please pretend to be my girlfriend."

"Um...sure," I said. "But the thing is...that was my first kiss."

✖️✖️✖️

Jake and I walked down the halls together. He had his arm around my waist. Everyone started staring at me, and I felt incredibly insecure. He kissed my cheek, making it official in some way. Julia was talking to Jamie, and they saw us, immediately astounded.

"What the hell? I thought you were gay!" Julia exclaimed in a hushed voice.

"Wait, you're gay?" Jamie asked, also in a hushed voice.

"Yah...uh...Sydney's helping me out," Jake explained. "Please just act like we're dating."

They both nodded, Jamie a little more hesitant than Julia. The bell rang, signaling five minutes before first period. Jake kissed me lightly.

"I'll see you later," he smiled, "bye."

I smiled back, "bye."

And we all went off to class.

✖️✖️✖️

Pre-calc came along. Julia and I walked to class, talking about bands. As it ended up, we liked a lot of the same bands. We were currently talking about Nirvana.

"Smells Like Teen Spirit? More like smells like the only Nirvana song you know," Julia snorted as we walked into class.

"I'm still upset about Kurt's death, and I wasn't even born yet," I sighed. "But Evan Peter's cover of Come As You Are on American Horror Story was just oh my God. It was so perfect there are no words that can describe it."

We sat down next to each other and kept talking about it. I felt someone's arms go around my waist and kiss my cheek.

"Hi Jake," I sighed.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I sensed actual concern in his voice.

"We'll talk about it later," I promised.

"Okay," he said and lowered his voice, "just please don't hurt yourself."

"I promise I won't," I promised.

Jake smiled and sat next to me. Jamie got into the room and sat behind me. I heard him mumbling to himself. Everyone stared at him. I knew his schizophrenia was acting up.

"I don't want to hurt her!" He suddenly screamed. Everyone began laughing at him.

"Hey, shut up!" I yelled at everyone. I then walked and crouched next to Jamie. He looked frightened, more so than usual when his schiz acted up.

"Hey," I said gently. "I think you need your pills."

"I don't want to hurt you," he told me, tears falling down his face. "But they're telling me to."

"C'mon," I tried again, "let's go to the nurse's office."

"No, I don't, I can't hurt you," he said. "I care about you too much."

"Then care about me enough to let me take you to the nurse's office," I begged. He nodded weakly, and our pre-calc teacher, Mrs. Abantangelo smiled supportively at me.

I took Jamie down to the nurse's office. Again, the nurse wasn't there. I sighed and went to his cubby. There were no pills left. What was I going to do? I couldn't just leave him with the voices in his head.

"Jamie, there are no pills left," I told him. "I'm gonna get the office to call your mom so she can bring some more."

"N-n-no," he stuttered. "Please stay with me."

I nodded and sat down next to him. He held me, and I held him. He was shaking and crying.

"Sydney, I really like you," he admitted.

"I really like you too," I smiled.

"No, like I really like you," he said, looking me right in the eyes. His blonde curls glinted off of the lights. He looked like an angel. Maybe he was one, sent to help me. Before I knew what was happening, his lips were slowly caressing my own. It was passionate, unlike Jake's kiss. I could tell his heart was into it. And I kissed back.

✖️✖️✖️

a/n: jake needs to calm his hormones now like jesus

the picture on the side is jamie and sydney

and I ship it dude