Chapter 104 | Ennervate

Hi, this is part two of the double update. Please make sure you have read Chapter 103 "Battle at the Potters" before reading this one. Thank you!

For a moment, there was silence. And then, a scream.

A scream that was so bloodcurdling that many of the duels stopped to stare in shock as the noise was ripped from Euphemia's mouth. A scream that she didn't even know she was capable of making as she dropped to her knees, sobs shaking her entire body as she quickly crawled over to where Olivia was lying.

You could most definitely blame it on Mia's head injury that her mind was spinning furiously but she knew for a fact it was just because she was on the verge of a panic attack as the tears began to spill out of her eyes. Euphemia was shaking her head over and over again because Olivia Potter couldn't be dead, all of her senses had to be lying to her....

But there was no lie. This was not a nightmare that she could just wake up from - no matter how many times Mia pinched herself, willing to wake up in bed gasping, nothing happened and Liv was still on the ground, completely and utterly motionless. And there was nothing she could do about it, there was nothing she could do to save the eight year old who had become like a little sister to her.

Olivia Potter was lying down in the same way that one would go to sleep, her hand gently pressed across her chest in a very queenly fashion that definitely matched all of her jokes about being superior to everyone. The most heartbreaking thing about it all was that her chest was not moving with any steady beats whatsoever.

Her blue eyes, eyes that were once full of life, amusement and sassiness stared blankly up at the ceiling and Euphemia felt a choked sob escape from her as she shakily reached out a hand and closed Liv's eyes, not wanting to see the life that had been sucked out of them. The life that had had so much potential - for Merlin's sake, the girl had been eight.

Despite only being eight, Olivia had been so hilarious and ever so brave in her last moments, she had been so bold and she had pushed Mia out of the way of the killing curse, instead dying herself all because she wanted to prove that she was a big, brave girl like the rest of her family.

Euphemia felt disorientated as the sobs racked through her, "Ennervate!" she cried out, her wand shaking as she tried to revive Charlus' sister, "Ennervate! Ennervate! Ennervate!" she was practically hysterical as she kept trying to wake Olivia up. But absolutely nothing was working, there was nothing that could bring her back and that made her cry even harder as it slowly sunk in that little Liv was gone. Forever.

She was tiny in death.

"Mia, what's wrong?" came the concerned shout of Everleigh as Euphemia turned around, tears still staining her face as she sobbed uncontrollably. It only took a moment for Everleigh to detach herself from who she was fighting, quickly pushing them out of the way and the Knights of Walpurgis almost seemed to part for her - so many of them had stopped fighting to look over to where Mia was continuously sobbing 'Ennervate!' over the youngest Potter daughter's body.

Unaware of how many of the dark wizards were now disapparating out of fear of what Heather had done (they were only meant to kill Henry, Tom Riddle had specifically told them not to harm anyone else), Everleigh rushed over, concerned for her surrogate daughter, wiping away Euphemia's tears carefully with her hand.

"Don't cry, it'll all be over soon," the woman said quietly to Mia who shook her bleeding head furiously, motioning to the lifeless Olivia behind her, who she was shielding from further harm. It took a single moment for Everleigh to actually notice her youngest daughter and her mouth fell open for a second as her eyes widened, her figure freezing completely.