Chapter 95 | Sixth Year

"It's always a bloody drama with you, isn't it?" Florean chuckled as Euphemia finally made her way inside of the compartment of the train, making sure that Charlus was still holding onto her hand quite tightly as if she was scared that she would crumble if he wasn't holding her. Mia laughed slightly, figuring that it would be better to find amusement in the situation than dwell on the more depressing side of things.

"I'm not going to be able to live that down now, though. The entire school just saw me getting disowned," Euphemia said with a sigh as she sat down at the window, shoving her bag underneath the seat as the rest of her friends clamoured into the compartment with a great deal of chatter and laughter, plus plenty of playful shoving and teasing that made Mia smile to herself.

"So what? Now they all know that you're not like those idiots that you're related to," Alastor pointed out and Euphemia knew that that would be an advantage - she had had to deal with the cautious stares and slightly nervous behaviour from the majority of her classmates for the past five years because they had just assumed she was like the rest of the Blacks, unapproachable and cold hearted. At least that would be over now.

"That was really brave of you, though, Mia," Eugenia suddenly said as she sat herself down next to Lyall, shooting him a slightly shy smile before returning her gaze to Euphemia, who blushed because the conversation was about her and all of the attention was on her so she naturally felt quite flustered. She sent a grateful smile in Eugenia's direction, feeling happy that she had finally done what she wanted to do, that she had finally stood up to her family.

"Thank you," Mia told her as Charlus took a seat next to her, leading her to kick her feet up so that they were resting in his lap as she leant against the window, "Oh, am I a footstool now, then?" Charlus asked with raised eyebrows. The rest of their friends had already squeezed into the compartment, chattering and laughing about different things whilst Euphemia and Charlus had this little interaction.

"You're not a very good footstool, they tend to be quiet and you're speaking," Mia complained playfully, glaring slightly at her boyfriend as she settled herself more against the window so that half of her body was aligned in Charlus' lap, "Well, I am actually a human so-" he was cut off by Euphemia holding up her hand to silence him.

"I'll kick you in the balls if you don't shut up, just let me be affectionate, goddamnit," Mia threatened him with an innocent smile plastered across her face which made Charlus' stomach flip. He mimed zipping his lips shut whilst Minerva observed them with a smirk, "He'd probably like it if you kicked him there, actually, Mia," she teased and Charlus' eyes widened as Euphemia turned brick red.

Everyone in the compartment burst out laughing at their reactions, continuing to chuckle even more when Charlus didn't even deem them worthy of a response, staying silenced like Mia had ordered. "Look at him, he won't even say anything now cause his girlfriend told him not to," Filius chuckled and Lyall whistled before muttering, "Whipped, much?" underneath his breath.

"Stop bullying me," Charlus groaned, throwing his head back so that it rested on the back of the seat and Euphemia sighed in fake disappointment, "I want a refund for this footstool," she declared, about to move her legs off Charlus' lap but the boy grabbed ahold of her feet and tugged her quickly so that she ended up actually sitting in his lap, an alarmed expression flashing over Mia's face at the movement.

There were various suggestive mutters and laughter-filled comments at Charlus' action of pulling Euphemia into his lap, one of them being Pomona's as she said, "Well, that took an unexpected turn," with a chuckle which caused Eugenia to almost die of laughter. Mia didn't really understand why they were all finding it so funny but she was glad that everyone had an excuse to laugh again, it was nice when they weren't all worrying or stressing over anything.