Chapter 15 | Time Flies

This is where the real fun begins...hehe

2 years later, 1949 (third year)

Euphemia Black sat on the grass outside of her home on the last day of August, right before her third year at Hogwarts, her long brown hair flowing out behind her in the breeze as she stared down at the streets below her.

Sunshine was lighting up the entire city and the breeze that swept about was rather warm, much to her pleasure. She smiled to herself as she shifted, so that she was sat crossed legged and she ran a hand through her hair, ruffling it so that it was swept over to one side.

The sight she saw next brought a smile to the face of the thirteen year old and she immediately stood up, for she had seen both a rather tall boy and a blonde girl a few metres away from where she was up on the hill and she immediately slid down the hill on her backside, using her hands to move her along the grass. She really was just a kid.

"Clover! Justin!" she called happily and the two kids in front of her span around and Euphemia was taken by surprise.

They had both changed considerably since they had all last played together (possibly just before Mia went to Hogwarts, they had swallowed her story about her going off to a boarding school in Scotland - after all, it was partly true).

Clover had grown from the small little girl into a young lady of eleven and she gave Euphemia a delighted smile before running to hug her whilst Justin waved at the girl a little hesitantly, looking exactly like your classic boy teenager.

Euphemia couldn't help but notice that the two seemed rather solemn that day and she was actually rather curious as to what had gotten them both into such a melancholy mood but she didn't know whether she had the right to ask.

However, Justin seemed to pick up on her curiosity and he showed her to a picnic table that was situated in the middle of the square. Mia felt rather nervous as she knew 12 Grimmauld Place was on this square and so her family would most likely see her talking to the muggles which could not be good at all.

"Is anything the matter?" she asked them, pulling up the hood of her jacket so that you could only see the back of her head as she slid onto the bench, opposite Justin and Clover, who looked like they needed to tell her something serious or to interrogate her which immediately made Mia nervous.

"I had the idea of asking you a question, actually. Because Justy and I have just found something out and we believe it might relate to you," Clover piped up and Euphemia couldn't look at her without still seeing the small 7 year old girl that she had met all those years ago when she herself was 9.

"What is it?" Mia asked them with a smile and she saw the brother and sister exchange a look that she couldn't quite interpret before they started talking to her.

"You know how you went to boarding school in Scotland a few years ago?" Justin asked her hesitantly, looking apprehensive. Euphemia nodded, wondering where this was going...

"What was it called?" Clover finished her brother's sentence for him as he seemed to have wavered.

Mia opened her mouth, ready to spew out some lie about it being some posh boarding school for girls called St Claire's but both of the faces in front of her were so serious that she felt obliged to tell the truth.

"It's called Hogwarts," she eventually said, carefully and vowing to herself that she would not reveal anymore information, only the name but the name alone seemed to be enough to Clover and Justin, for Justin buried his head in his hands and Clover's mouth fell open before she started jumping up and down in something that looked like excitement to Mia, though she couldn't figure out why.