Chapter 62 | Crushes

16k reads?! I love you guys <3

"Once upon a time there was a very handsome boy called Florean who was extremely confused about his feelings..." Florean started rather dramatically with a flourish of his hands as Mia listened to him attentively, wondering where this was leading to.

"What has this got to do with Charlus and I?" Euphemia asked him, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

Florean held up his hand to quieten her, "Hush, child. You'll see," he told her and Mia rolled her eyes playfully before looking back at him expectantly.

To be honest, Florean was really stressing out internally about telling Euphemia seeing as the only person that he had ever told about his messed up feelings was Minerva (and obviously David).

The thing was, Florean knew a very important secret about Mia now and the boy found that it was only fair that she should know something about him in return.

Besides, Euphemia had always been one of the ones that Florean had wanted to tell eventually because he knew she wouldn't judge him.

Florean's experience with emotions and romance could also hopefully make Mia see sense about her and Charlus - even if they just established a friendship because the sexual tension between the two of them was still existent and it was driving Florean crazy.

Florean also knew that Charlus definitely liked Euphemia as more than a friend because his mate had told him so himself.

Florean just wanted to give his girl best friend a piece of advice paired with a story and a very important secret of his.

"The incredibly hilarious and amazing Florean didn't know what to do with himself when he started feeling different emotions about certain genders to what he was used to experiencing," Florean continued.

"You see, the fabulous Florean had heard about the homosexual community but he was pretty sure that he was not gay," Florean told Mia, who had started to pay more attention.

"What do you mean-" Euphemia started but she soon cut herself off as Florean wasn't finished and he cleared his throat a little awkwardly.

"Florean discovered that he liked both girls and boys but the dashingly handsome lad was certain that such a label didn't exist so Florean thought that he was abnormal. That was until Florean met a very special person."

Mia found herself listening to Florean with a keen interest as well as a bubbling curiosity and concern for her friend because he had had to go through all of this by himself and she felt bad that she wasn't there to help him to try and come to terms with his sexuality.

"Florean thought that he was the only one that caught feelings for both females and males but then he met David. The brilliant Florean and David decided that they liked both genders and that it was okay to admit their feelings without being ashamed or being judged," Florean told Euphemia, who's eyes widened when she remembered David from the cafe in Hogsmeade and also from the train.

"So...you're gay but you're not gay? You're gay but you like girls too? Or you're heterosexual but you like boys too?" Mia asked in confusion because she had never heard of it before but it did make a lot of sense and Euphemia didn't have any problem with it at all.

"Basically, yes," Florean said nervously, "Half homosexual, half heterosexual," he summarised with a chuckle.

Mia smiled warmly, squeezing his arm and assuring him that she didn't think of him any differently and that she was fully supportive of his sexuality.

"But what I'm trying to say," Florean continued, grabbing Euphemia's hands in his, staring earnestly into Mia's eyes.

"Is that you can have feelings for whoever you like, you don't have to be afraid of what you feel. You're free to like or love whoever you want, Mia and you shouldn't run away from your emotions."