Chapter 63 | Kiss Of Fire

"Good morning, Mia," Eileen greeted her friend as Euphemia approached the Slytherin table for breakfast, concealing her yawn behind her hand.

"Morning," Mia replied sleepily, sitting in the seat beside Eileen and pulling the teapot towards her, pouring the drink into her mug and adding the milk to the tea as Eileen started eating some toast, buttering it swiftly.

It was a Saturday morning in late November and Euphemia had woken up late, hence why she had arrived to breakfast much later than her friend.

Her waking up late was probably due to the fact that she had had the weird recurring dream about Charlus again and it had unhinged her slightly.

Mia hadn't had the dream since about the end of third year, start of fourth year when Charlus had begun to act extremely strangely around her so it was unusual to the girl for her to get the recurring dream around about now.

Walburga was sat at the table as well, not too far away from Eileen and she was discussing something with Heather, the two of them casting furtive looks around them.

"I wonder what they're talking about," Euphemia wondered out-loud as she grabbed a crumpet, buttering it and placing it in her mouth swiftly.

"What? Who?" Eileen questioned, having not heard her friend properly and she became slightly frantic, not wanting Mia to think that she didn't want to converse with her because she definitely did.

"No one," Euphemia mumbled, sipping her tea before glancing over her shoulder at the Gryffindor table, where there seemed to be some sort of food fight emerging.

Alastor appeared to be lobbing a piece of bacon at Charlus, who was covering his face defensively and firing back a few fried eggs in retaliation.

Mia chuckled to herself, her eyes landing a little longer on Charlus than was necessary as butterflies swirled around in her stomach whilst she watched his eyes widen as a sausage narrowly missed his face.

Minerva was sat in the middle of the miniature food fight and was giggling away whilst trying to also look disapproving.

Lyall was sat a little further down the table, not paying attention to the food fight and enthusiastically telling Eugenia a story as she listened avidly, her chin cupped in her hands, her blue eyes shining quite happily.

Eugenia happened to glance up at that moment and Euphemia sent her a thumbs up, smiling encouragingly and Eugenia grinned back before looking pointedly at Charlus, raising an eyebrow knowingly at Mia.

Euphemia blushed slightly at what her friend was insinuating but she couldn't help but let her eyes slide to Charlus, who was now being carted off by an amused but disapproving Professor Dumbledore, alongside Alastor as they were scolded.

Charlus caught Mia's gaze and winked as Dumbledore sent the two of them back to the Gryffindor table, informing them (with a significant amount of concealed amusement) that food battles such as the one they had started would be not be tolerated.

Alastor saluted Dumbledore, nodding solemnly before cracking up into laughter as soon as the Deputy Headmaster turned his back as Charlus started sniggering.

Eileen suddenly whacked her on the arm, causing Euphemia to stop staring at Charlus and spin around, glancing at her friend in irritation and curiosity.

"What is it?" Mia asked, a slightly annoyed expression flashing over her face and Eileen gulped before leaning towards Euphemia, whispering in her ear, "Druella was watching you. And she didn't look happy."

Mia's face paled slightly but she didn't let it deter her for once - usually she would've stopped doing whatever she was doing to try and keep Druella in check but she found herself not doing that this time.